A lean principles practitioner course is recommended for continuous improvement professionals who desire to improve processes and systems in their organisations using lean models and tools. Lean refers to anything or a system to create more value for customers using fewer resources.
What do lean principles practitioners do? Lean practitioners are specialists who help organisations excel and train others to adopt a mindset and affinity towards lean models and processes for scalability, consistency and ease of management. Their inputs are considered and respected, and steps are taken to ensure the implementation of their ideas and suggestions to the advantage of the organisation.
Their main aim is to introduce and sustain performance excellence in organisational processes. Lean principles practitioners undergo detailed training and development and impart the same to other members of the organisation, thus introducing the lean concept organisation-wide while ensuring flexibility to change, wastage minimisation, increased quality and reliability, reduced operational costs, increased productivity, etc.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete information on lean principles and their impact on organisational productivity and scalability as well as individual growth and progression. The Lean Principles Practitioner course will help you understand the roles and responsibilities of a lean principles practitioner.
By undertaking this Lean Principles Practitioner course, you will be equipped with all necessary skills to devise and implement lean models, tools and operations within your organisation, thus establishing your talent and potential and fostering growth within your organisation.
The main objective of this training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed knowledge and information about lean principles and their impact on organisational growth and development
- the required skills, experience and capabilities to understand and/or audit organisational systems and processes to check for gaps and suggest suitable next steps
- adequate strategic and analytical skills to devise and successfully implement lean models and processes for increased organisational productivity and scalability
- confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on adopting lean models and practices within the organisation
- the ability and skill to use and implement various lean models and tools in the efforts to introduce lean practices within the organisation
- a sense of achievement for contributing to organisational scalability and hence growth, in turn demonstrating potential and talent and encouraging further opportunities for higher roles and responsibilities
- the required flexibility to adapt to change, without letting it affect individual, team or organisational performance
- the skill and ability to provide higher quality and establish reliability and credibility for work
The training methodology for all Zoe Talent Solutions courses offers a mix of theoretical and practical learning. Training content is delivered through lectures by an experienced professional from the relevant domain. Trainee involvement is ensured through debates, competitions, speeches and other such activities encouraging group participation. Trainees are also encouraged to share any work experiences related to lean operations or models and these are discussed in detail, in relevance to the training content. Relevant case studies are also discussed at length, and trainees are assigned sample tasks or projects to work on using the lean-approach.
This course follows an innovative and effective approach adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions for its courses, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this course, organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained and experienced professionals to devise and implement lean models and practices within the organisation
- Regular audits to check for gaps or opportunities for enhancements in introducing lean practices
- Free and detailed training of other employees to adopt lean practices and follow lean principles in their work
- Application of advanced lean concepts and tools for making operations leaner
- Organisational growth and scalability as a result of leaner operations
- Lesser wastage and reduced operational costs
- Increased productivity of employees and greater turnaround time
- Better change management and greater dynamism
Professionals undertaking this course will derive the following benefits:
- In-depth knowledge and information about lean principles
- Greater understanding and skill to work with advanced lean tools and concepts to make operations leaner
- Increased skill, confidence and experience to closely audit processes and systems across the organisation, identify gaps and opportunities and implement lean concepts and practices for this, in turn fostering career progression within and outside the organisation
- Greater confidence and knowledge to train other professionals to adopt lean practices and principles in their work
- Increased analytical and strategic skills to successfully implement lean models and concepts in one’s organisation
- A sense of pride and contentment to contribute to organisational development and scalability through introduction of lean principles
- Greater flexibility to change, thus positively impacting the individual, team and organisational performance
- Increased quality, productivity and reliability as a result of simpler and leaner processes
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and other mid-level managers, including operations managers, guiding projects and/or operations within the organisation
- Senior management of organisations who need to understand the importance of encouraging employees to constantly think and ideate to make operations leaner
- Internal and external auditors who identify a firm’s credibility and potential based on the simplicity and accuracy of operations
- Investors who need to understand the importance of lean operations and their impact on productivity and hence organisational growth and success, before making investment decisions
- Other professionals concerned or partaking in some aspect of operations at the organisation
- Any other professional who would like to know more about lean principles or aspiring to achieve the lean principles practitioner certification
The course covers the following areas important to understand all about lean principles and the responsibilities and advantages of being a lean principles practitioner:
Module 1 – Principles of Lean
- Value stream
Module 2 – Wastes of Lean
- Non-utilised talent
- Extra processing
Module 3 – Principles of Lean Six Sigma Business Transformation
- Focus on customer
- Identify and understand how work gets done
- Manage, improve and smoothen the process flow
- Remove non-value-added steps and wastes
- Manage by fact and reduce variation
- Involve and equip people in the process
- Undertake improvement activity in a systematic way
Module 4 – Benefits of Studying Lean
- Flexibility for change
- Minimise wastage
- Increase quality and reliability
- Reduce operational costs
- Boost staff productivity
- Reduce production cycle length
Module 5 – Lean Versus Six Sigma: Similarities and Differences
- Defining waste
- Mind-set versus practice
- Functional areas
Module 6 – Essential Qualities of a Lean Manager
- Giving vision and direction to the organisation
- Active coaching and problem-solving skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Strive for development and improvement
- Customer focus
- Value systems
Module 7 – Lean Practitioner Responsibilities
- Analyse current practices and suggest enhancements
- Conduct lean health checks/audits
- Process/value stream mapping
- Suggest management changes to eliminate organisational wastes
- Deploy problem-solving methodologies
- Demonstrate performance excellence
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Conduct risk assessments
- Manage stakeholder relationships
Module 8 – Service Lean Implementation Challenges
- Lack of visibility of processes
- Large and complex processes
- People-intensive processes
- Technology-dependent processes
- Concept of pull and flow
- Processes cut through vendors
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.