Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training is a process improvement method wherein a defined sequence of activities with specific value targets are undertaken to achieve a high-quality, high-accuracy outcome.
The ultimate objective of six sigma practices is to eliminate the causes of defects and standardise business processes as far as possible.
Lean six sigma is a method including information regarding the basic principles of six sigma as well as lean six sigma. It aims to make processes simpler and leaner while delivering a high-quality outcome.
Who is a lean six sigma yellow belt? A lean six sigma yellow belt is a professional well versed in basic elements of the lean six sigma methodology.
Lean six sigma yellow belts know how to implement, perform, interpret and apply lean six sigma in a skilled-yet-limited and/or supportive capacity.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete understanding and knowledge of lean six sigma yellow belt training. Through this course, you will be introduced to the basic concepts of six sigma and will acquire strong foundational understanding to implement six sigma best practices across your organisation.
Undertaking this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course will provide you with the necessary confidence, experience and skill to start independently handling small projects or being part of complex projects, thus enhancing your skill and potential to handle higher roles and responsibilities supporting future growth and potential.
The main objective of this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed knowledge and information about lean six sigma yellow belt training
- the required basic knowledge and understanding of lean six sigma concepts to be able to implement these in the organisation
- the required confidence, experience and knowledge to train other professionals on basic concepts and practices of six sigma
- the adequate capabilities and abilities to work with six sigma tools and techniques for quality enhancement and ultimately process improvement
- the necessary skills and experience to conduct audits to check for implementation of basic six sigma practices in the organisation, thus demonstrating potential and increasing opportunities for growth and progression
- the enhanced skill set and capabilities to contribute to organisational growth through process improvement, better project management and higher quality output by implementation of six sigma practices
- the adequate decision-making and problem-solving skills to identify basic quality-related issues and suggest changes to rectify these
- the ability and opportunity to contribute to more satisfied end-users or customers by delivering higher quality with well-managed processes and projects
Zoe Talent Solutions believes in two training approaches applied in each course—theoretical and practical. The theoretical aspect of training is delivered in lectures by highly experienced professionals from the relevant domain, using detailed audio-video presentations. Trainee participation is encouraged through group assignments and other such activities.
Case studies are discussed in detail to help trainees relate the training content to practical scenarios. However, the major aspect of practical training involves sample projects assigned to trainees during the course of the training. Experiential learning is also focused upon.
This course follows a unique approach adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals enrolling for this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Process enhancement and high-quality, high-accuracy project outcomes as a result of trained and experienced employees handling these within the organisation
- Free training of other employees on basic concepts of lean six sigma
- Regular audits to ensure that the basic concepts and practices of six sigma have been implemented and are being followed in the organisation
- Leaner operations and processes, fostering organisational scalability
- Increased credibility because of the application of international standard quality management and process enhancement practices within the organisation
- Organisational growth and development as a result of increased organisational performance
- Better and more objective decision making, keeping in mind six sigma approaches and principles
By enrolling for this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the lean six sigma yellow belt training
- Increased confidence, skill and experience to independently drive small projects or partake in complex projects in the organisation, demonstrating potential and facilitating growth and progression
- Better decision-making and problem-solving skills as a result of a sound understanding of six sigma approaches and concepts
- Increased confidence and skill to apply six sigma tools and techniques to implement and manage projects and processes as per the six sigma approach
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on basic concepts of six sigma
- Enhanced skillset and capabilities to regularly audit organisational practices and processes and suggest enhancements to make operations leaner, thereby contributing to organisational growth and scalability
- Adequate experience and knowledge to undertake the lean six sigma yellow belt exam and successfully clear it
Who Should Attend
- Project and operations managers of organisations managing projects and overseeing operations, respectively
- Quality managers responsible for ensuring that organisational processes and practices are in line with the quality objectives of the organisation
- Testers and analysts responsible for checking and reporting quality gaps in any project or assignment
- Process excellence experts striving to achieve lean operations and process excellence throughout the organisation
- Senior management of the organisation who need to understand the importance of employee awareness of basic six sigma practices
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about lean six sigma yellow belt or aiming to appear for the exam
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course covers the following areas important to understand lean six sigma yellow belt training:
Module 1 – Overview of Six Sigma
- Basics of six sigma
- History of six sigma
- Definition of voice of customer, business and employee
Module 2 – Core Six Sigma Principles
- Focus on customer
- Understand how work happens
- Make processes smooth flowing
- Reduce wastes and concentrate on value
- Avoid defects by eliminating variation
- Ensure team buy-in and collaboration
- Make systematic and scientific efforts
Module 3 – Define Phase
- Recognition of opportunity
- Process mapping
- Seven elements of waste
Module 4 – Measure Phase
- Six sigma statistics
- Measurement system analysis
- Process capability
- X-Y diagram
Module 5 – Control Phase
- Definition of lean controls
- 5S controls
- Poka-yoke (mistake proofing)
Module 6 – Six Sigma Tools for Define and Measure
- Project charter
- Supplier, input, process, output, customer (SIPOC)
- Voice of customer and critical to quality
- Cost of poor quality
- Process/Value stream mapping
- Lean and process metrics
- Descriptive statistics
- Pareto charts
- Dot/Box plots
Module 7 – Six Sigma Tools for Analyse
- Measurement system analysis
- Process analysis
- Root–Cause analysis
- Data analysis
Module 8 – Six Sigma Tools for Improve and Control
- Correlation and regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Improvement techniques
- Control tools and documentation
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.