What is logistics and distribution management? Logistics and distribution management is a critical organisational function. Professionals working in these processes meet customer demands, order and manage inventory, control inbound and outbound shipments, reduce costs, save time and help meet company objectives.
Distribution management, in particular, is a broad term referring to numerous activities and processes such as packaging, inventory, warehousing, supply chain and logistics. Logistics management, on the other hand, begins from the accumulation of raw materials to the final stage of delivery of goods.
It is part of the supply chain and aims at meeting customer demands through planning, control and implementation of storage as well as effective movement of goods and services to the destination. In short, logistics management helps reduce expense and increase customer satisfaction.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a detailed understanding and knowledge of Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management. By undertaking this course, you will gain the necessary skill, confidence and experience to successfully and independently manage logistics and distribution processes, thereby demonstrating talent and potential and fostering career growth and progression.
This course will equip you with the necessary confidence and skill to undertake and successfully manage logistics and distribution across any organisation or industry, thereby widening the scope for career movement and expansion.
The main objective of this Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed knowledge and understanding of Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management
- the required skill set and confidence to train other professionals on logistics and distribution management
- the necessary experience and attention to detail to review and identify gaps in current processes and practices related to logistics and/or distribution management and define necessary corrective action
- the confidence, knowledge, experience and skill to apply advanced tools and techniques for effective logistics and distribution management
- the potential and analytical mind-set to devise processes or suggest changes or enhancements to reduce organisational costs and maximise profits
- the ability and capability to contribute to organisational credibility through well-managed processes and better risk management and mitigation
- the overall skill set and understanding to contribute to better and seamless logistics and distribution management within the organisation, thereby demonstrating talent and potential and increasing opportunities for growth and progression
- the experience and knowledge to influence and increase customer satisfaction through better quality and efficiency in the logistics and distribution management processes of the organisation
Training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are customisable as per the specific needs and requirements of the training audience. Before the commencement of each session, the course content is reviewed thoroughly to check relevance to the professional backgrounds and experience of the training audience.
Training is delivered through audio-visual presentations by an experienced professional from the relevant domain. Trainee participation in the program is encouraged through group activities and assignments. Sample projects and discussion of relevant case studies also help trainees relate the training content to practical scenarios.
This mixed approach to training follows Zoe Talent Solutions’ unique model, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals enrolling for this course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Experienced professionals to manage logistics and distribution processes within the organisation
- Reduced costs and greater profits as a result of better Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management
- Increased client satisfaction because of better turn-around-time and quality
- Regular training of other employees regarding best practices for logistics and distribution management
- Regular checks and audits by experienced professionals for any gaps in systems and processes that could impact delivery and, ultimately, the growth of the organisation
- Organisational growth and development as a result of decreased costs, increased profits and better client experience
- Application of advanced tools and techniques and maximum automation of processes for increased efficiency and quality
- Better inventory management and transportation, thus reducing risks of damage to goods and services
- Corporate social responsibility through a better standard of living for employees as well as the creation of more employment opportunities through enhanced systems and processes
By enrolling for this course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on best practices of logistics and distribution management
- Better understanding, perspective and confidence to audit existing processes and systems and identify and resolve gaps to prevent impact to delivery and, ultimately, organisational success
- Enhanced skill and capabilities to work with advanced tools and techniques and introduce automation in key processes to increase efficiency
- Improved strategic and analytical skills to suggest and/or drive changes to reduce organisational costs and increase profits, thereby contributing to organisational growth and in turn demonstrating potential and talent for career growth and progression
- Increased knowledge, experience and confidence to contribute to organisational credibility through enhanced processes and systems
- Enhanced skill set, experience and knowledge to successfully undertake any opportunity in logistics and distribution management in any organisation or industry, thus increasing avenues for growth and progression
Who Should Attend?
- Logistics managers and supervisors responsible for overseeing logistics management in the organisation
- Distribution managers and supervisors responsible for overseeing and managing the distribution process within the organisation
- Distributors who play an important role in the distribution process
- Other executives and professionals involved in performing logistics- and distribution-related activities within the organisation
- Auditors and quality managers responsible for ensuring adherence to set standards and benchmarks
- Warehouse managers and staff involved in the storage and transportation of goods and services through the entire process
- Senior management of the organisation responsible for making key decisions related to the overall production and distribution process
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about logistics and distribution management
The course covers the following areas important to understand Warehouse Logistics and Distribution Management:
Module 1 – Types of Logistics
- Supply logistics
- Distribution logistics
- Production logistics
- Reverse logistics
Module 2 – Importance of Logistics Management
- Cost reduction and profit maximisation
- Efficient flow of manufacturing operations
- Competitive edge
- Effective communication system
- Sound inventory management
Module 3 – Important Features of Logistics Management
- Proper planning
- Value for employees and team
- Effective warehouse management
- Efficient transportation
- Continuous improvisation
Module 4 – Activities in Logistics Management
- Network design
- Order processing
- Material handling
- Inventory management
- Packaging and labelling
Module 5 – Types of Distribution Systems
Module 6 – Importance of Distribution
- Delivery of satisfaction
- Standard of living
- Value addition
Module 7 – Elements of Distribution Management
- Customer service
- Order processing
- Inventory control
- Transportation mode
- Material handling
Module 8 – Critical Steps in Distribution Management
- Number crunching
- Benchmark setting
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.