This Highly Effective Management Training Course provides you with an understanding of how to implement strategies, develop your team and assess performance. To reduce costs, boost productivity and build positive work environments, having highly effective management skills is critical to your success. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Define ‘management’
- Explain the Ethics & Social Responsibility of Management
- Manage business information
- Explore managerial decision making
- Define control processes (what, why, how)
- Master Organisational Strategy & how to create a sustainable, competitive advantage
- Foster innovation & change in the workplace
- Explore organisational design & structures
- Leverage organisational strategies to facilitate change
- Create structures & processes to manage teams
- Gain insight into organisational motivation & leadership
- Implement motivation & leadership strategies
Introduction to Management What is Management?
- What do Managers do?
- What does it take to be a Manager?
- Why does management matter?
Ethics and Social Responsibility What is ethical workplace behaviour?
- What is unethical workplace behaviour?
- How to make ethical decisions
- What is social responsibility?
Managing Information Why information matters
- Strategic importance of information
- Characteristics and costs of useful Information
- Getting and sharing Information
Decision-Making What is rational decision-making?
- Steps to rational decision-making
- Limits to rational decision-making
- Improving decision-making
Control Basics of control
- The control process
- Is control necessary or possible?
- How and what to control
- Control methods
Organisational Strategy Basics of Organisational Strategy
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Strategy-making process
- Corporate, industry, firm level strategies
Innovation and Change Organisational innovation
- Why innovation matters
- Managing innovation
- Organisational change
- Why change occurs and why it matters
- Principles of Managing change
Organisational Structures and Process Departmentalisation
- Organisational authority
- Job design
- Designing organisational process
Managing Teams The good and the bad of using teams
- Kinds of teams
- Work team characteristics
- Enhancing work team effectiveness
Motivation and Leadership Basics of motivation
- Equity theory
- Expectancy theory
- What is leadership?
- Situational leadership
- Strategic leadership
Who should Attend?
Managers at all levels who seek to develop their managerial skills.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.