The training program aims at helping each participant grow to understand fully the techniques and proven methods to achieve desired organisational goals. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the management functions of planning, organizing, directing and controlling in a team environment
- Implement project management skills to run an effective work schedule that will increase productivity of work groups
- Use the right KPIs to manage performance
- Coordinate and communicate with others to achieve the desired goals
- Apply team building techniques to increase performance
- Manage creative problem-solving and decision-making processes
Understanding the Transition from Technical Expert to Functional Manager/Supervisor
- The Functions of Management
- The Skills Needed
- Common Management Mistakes You Want to Avoid
- Improving Productivity through Leadership
- Assessing and Adapting Your Leadership Style
Planning and Organizing Tools and Techniques
- The Importance of Scope Definition
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Calculating ES, EF, LS, LF and Slack
- Identifying the Critical Path
- Low Cost Scheduling/Crashing
- Understanding Project Schedules
- Bar Charting
- Workforce Planning
Management through Performance Analysis
- Importance of Performance Management
- Creating and Measuring Performance Expectations
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Targets/Standards Setting
Dealing with Your Team Members, Contractors and Customers
- Communicating and Influencing
- Barriers to Communication
- What Defines a Good Communicator
- Sources of Potential Conflicts
- Managing Conflicts Effectively
- Different Conflict Modes
Building Successful Work Teams
- The Importance of Teams and Teamwork
- Understanding the Mechanics of Groups
- Team Building Techniques that Work
Analysing Issues and Making Effective Decisions
- Defining Problems and Analysing Causes
- The Rational Approach to Problem-Solving (Kepner-Tregoe)
- Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- Creative Decision-Making Tools
Who should Attend?
Technical managers, supervisors and engineers who need to develop their managerial skills.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.