Do you have a diversified workforce in your organization?
What is Diversity? Diversity refers to differences in opinions and thought process, backgrounds- social and economic, academic, and professional backgrounds, political beliefs, religious beliefs, gender differences, age groups, and life experiences etc. of races, communities, people around the world.
With more and more organizations opening offices across the country and around the world, issues pertaining to diversity abound and need to be attended to. Even though businesses have become quite inclusive, it is still a challenge for many employees to overcome the biases they hold for other employees who are different from them.
This hinders the profit flow into the corporate. For more profits to pave their path into the organization, it is imperative for the corporations to hire people who are tolerant, sensitive, and competitive to handle the differences in cultures.
Do you face challenges in dealing with diversity at the workplace? This course on Managing Cultural Diversity in the Workplace by ZOE Talent Solutions will empower you to drive business productivity and profitability.
This will also help people from various backgrounds in your organization view and respect each other’s cultural differences. This will further help them to collaborate and work towards ensuring the success of their organization’s blueprint.
- Develop an understanding of diversity, inclusion, and gender differences at the workplace
- Understand the cultural frameworks that are different than their own
- Get rid of stereotypes and judgements
- Understand the gender differences and how they affect the workplace
- Being sensitive in communication
- Management of conflict- at the national and international level
- Effective team building across cultures and nations
- Enhance Interpersonal skills across cultures and nations
- Increase in innovation and creativity
- Growth in the credibility of the company
- Increase productivity on complex tasks especially those involving a multi-cultural workforce
We at ZOE Talent Solutions will work with the participants to create cultural and intercultural effectiveness to understand diversity. This will be achieved through a highly interactive presentation which will include several management games, paper-pencil exercises, activities, role plays, videos, and robust practice sessions. You get an opportunity to discuss, share, learn from the ideas with other industry participants as well.
ZOE Talent Solutions follows the approach of Do-Review-Learn-Apply.
- Create policies and programs that improve awareness of diversity in cultures
- Embed a positive outlook in the company towards cultural differences
- More culturally sensitive communication leading to better results
- Performance-oriented culture
- Enhanced productivity at the workplace
- Become better at conflict management
- Become sensitive to the cultural issues
- Become better at negotiating and conflict management
- New opportunities will open-up worldwide to handle international projects within the company
- Create an awareness of the differences and values that have impacted their productivity till now
- Develop an understanding of their personal growth
Who Should Attend
Zoe Talent Solutions recommends this course for
- Directors, C- Level Executives
- Senior Management Team
- Heads of the Departments
- Strategic Planners, Business Analysts
- Marketing and Sales Teams
- Operations and Support Teams
- Those who wish to manage multi-cultural teams in the future
- Individuals and teams who want to reduce conflict and resolve issues because of diversity
MODULE 1- INTRODUCTION
- What is diversity?
- It’s history
- How does it help?
- Characteristics of diversity
- Approaches to Diversity
- A legal overview
- Concepts and Terms related to Diversity
MODULE 2 – UNDERSTANDING DIFFERENCES IN WORKPLACE
- Understanding cultures and cultural differences
- Understanding personality style
- Get a know-how of cultural differences
- Get a know-how of personality differences
- How to improve relationships?
MODULE 3- OVERCOMING BARRIERS
- Understanding stereotypes
- Understanding discrimination
- A reality check – Have you really been discriminated against?
- How to discourage discrimination?
- Methods of retribution
- Choosing a course of action
- Understanding Biases
- The negative approach to diversity
How to Avoid
MODULE 4: COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVENESS IN A DIVERSE WORKPLACE
- Communicating effectively
- Non-verbal communication
- Signals of Body Language
- How you say it
- Listening vs. hearing
- Asking the right questions
- Understanding challenges in communication
- Altering your personal approach
- Encourage social and workplace changes
- Sensitizing with evaluations and feedback
Module 5: Managing Diversity in the Workplace
- Understanding the importance of diversity at work
- Pitfalls- How can we avoid them?
Module 6: Diversity, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action
- Understand the Equal Employment Opportunity
- Understand what affirmative action is
- The relationship between EEO, affirmative action and diversity
- Understand Fairness vs. Equal Treatment
- Understand the nuances of Diversity and Demographics
Module 7: Diversity- Impact on the Team
- Impact of diversity on team
- Enhanced creativity
- Differing points of view
- Multi skilling
Module 8: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace- Dealing with it
- Educating employees on harassment policies
- Ensuring a cooperative working environment
- Employment discrimination – Identifying, avoiding and reporting it
- Understand how to keep the workplace free of discrimination and harassment
Module 9: Impact on Employee Retention
- Understanding the reasons for employee turnover
- Understanding the concerns of employees involving diversity
- Focusing on strategies to reduce turnover due to diversity issues
- Impact of diversity on employee retention
Module 10: Being Solution-Oriented
- Handling Gender issues in the workplace
- Understanding laws related to discrimination at the workplace
- Laws related to Sexual harassment and prevention
Module 11: Improving Corporate Culture and Implementing Diversity
- What is corporate culture?
- How to improve corporate culture?
- Improve management awareness on workforce diversity issues
- Monitoring of the data of the workforce
MODULE 12- DEALING WITH COMPLAINT
- Understand when to make and record a complaint
- Process and Authorities for making a complaint
- Identifying appropriate actions
- Understand what to do if you are involved in the complaint
- Selecting your response