The oil and gas industry has one of the greatest contributions to the economy of a nation, and hence, projects within this industry are not only complex in nature but also high-stake. Given the importance of the industry in recent times, managing the complexity of major capital projects has never received the focus it is receiving currently.
Stakeholder demands are changing from greater return on investment to reduced risks, greater transparency, etc. Schedules and budgets are tight, and safety is very important. Further, with the many stakeholders involved in a single project, inputs and requirements through the project life cycle are diverse, making the process more complicated and convoluted.
Considering the rising concern and awareness around environmental conservation and the nature of the oil and gas industry, there is the critical inspection of project planning and progression in order to ensure no impact to the environment.
Large oil and gas projects constitute a significant percentage of company spend. However, oil and gas are two important and financially attractive sectors. Thus, project management in the oil and gas industry is extremely critical.
This Zoe’s oil and gas project management course will empower you with detailed information and knowledge of managing projects in the oil and gas industry. Further, with the understanding, experience and confidence gained through this course, you will be able to undertake important roles of high responsibility in your organisation, thus facilitating growth and progression within your organisation.
This oil and gas project management training course will also equip you with the skills and confidence to handle such projects in any other organisation, enhancing your career prospects.
The main objective of this oil and gas project management course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and information about managing complex, high-stake oil and gas projects successfully, thus facilitating career growth and progression
- the required experience and confidence to oversee and successfully maintain the environment conservation standards and guidelines required during the progress of a project
- adequate confidence and increased skill to prepare a detailed project plan or charter, taking into consideration timelines, budgets, scope, the environment, etc.
- the necessary exposure and foresight to identify and/or predict possible challenges during project execution and make provisions in the project plan for addressing these
- the skill and capability to balance between information transparency and security during the project
- the experience and confidence to maintain healthy relationships with all stakeholders of a project
- the capability and experience to increase organisational credibility and hence success through successful completion of projects despite constraints and within the set objectives
- the knowledge to plan finances and other investments during the project life cycle
- the ability and understanding to systematically define, design and integrate end-user requirements in the project plan
- the skill to prepare clear and concise project progress reports for various stakeholders
Training at Zoe Talent Solutions is delivered using audio-visual presentations by a highly experienced professional from the relevant domain. Each course can be customised to suit the professional background and experience of the training audience.
Two-way participation is ensured through group assignments, sample projects, role-plays, etc. Case studies and real work experiences shared by the trainees help relate the theoretical training content to practical scenarios.
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, this course follows the successful Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professional attend this Oil and Gas project management course will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained professionals to manage and successfully complete large, high-stake, complex oil and gas projects
- Reduced risks because of better risk assessment, analysis and management
- Greater investments and organisational growth because of increased reliability and lesser risks
- Better stakeholder management
- Happier customers because of consideration of end-user requirements before, during and immediately after completion of projects, with amendments made accordingly, delivering a finished and appropriate product/service to the end-user
- Greater return on investment because of defined roles and responsibilities and a clear project plan or charter for each project
- Better time and cost management of projects
- Higher information security, greater transparency to stakeholders and adherence to environmental conservation standards and guidelines
By undertaking this Oil and Gas project management course, professionals will benefit in the following ways:
- Increased knowledge, understanding and confidence to successfully handle complex, high-stake oil and gas projects, fostering career progression
- Enhanced skill set and knowledge to apply advanced project management concepts to managing high capital projects
- Greater awareness and experience to plan projects while monitoring and controlling environmental impact
- Increased knowledge, capability and skill to devise a detailed project plan or charter
- Increased confidence and exposure as well as better interpersonal skills to maintain good stakeholder relationships
- Greater understanding and skill to identify and devise objective metrics to check project progress and measure return on investment
- A sense of satisfaction by contributing to customer satisfaction through appropriate product/service delivery and organisational growth through increased credibility and project completion success
- Better foresight to predict challenges and risks and address these in the project plan or charter
Who Should Attend
- Senior members of organisations from the oil and gas industry who should understand the importance of project management and project management training
- Project managers and executives responsible for planning and executing a project
- Investors who should check prospects and success of managing large, complex projects before investing in the organisation
- Other stakeholders involved in the initiation, execution through closure of a project
- Project sponsors responsible for making decisions regarding sponsoring a project after checking risk management and probability of successful completion
- Contract and procurement managers who may undertake management of projects for other organisations
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about managing oil and gas projects
The Oil and Gas project management course covers the following topics regarding the management of oil and gas projects:
Module 1 – Components of a Systematic for Oil and Gas Projects
- Selection and definition
Module 2 – Controls in Oil and Gas Project Management
Module 3 – Aspects of a Successful Project
- Formal project phases and checkpoints
- Clear accountability
- Checks/balances between central functions and project teams
- Constant review of project value
- Risk monitoring
- Adequate opportunities
Module 4 – Oil and Gas Development Stages Employing Project Management Approaches
- Conceptual design
- Front-end engineering design
- Long lead equipment procurement
- Detailed design
- On-shore commissioning
- Hook-up and commissioning before handover to end-user
Module 5 – Project Sanctioning and Approval Process
- Idea generation and sharing
- Idea review by immediate supervisor
- Idea pitch to sponsor
- GO/NO decision
- Registration of GO ideas
- Prototype and business case refining
- GO/NO GO decision
- Idea implementation
Module 6 – Stakeholder Management Process
- Identify stakeholders
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a stakeholder plan
- Stakeholder issues
- Relationship goals
- Communication plan
- Monitor and change plan as required
Module 7 – Critical Success Factors in Oil and Gas Project Management
- External challenge
- Customer knowledge experience
- Leadership support
- Institutional factors
- Project characteristics
- Manager/Team competence
- Project organisation
- Contractual aspects
- Risk and requirement management
Module 8 – Risks Affecting Oil and Gas Project Management
- Operations and costs
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.