Why is materials management important in the oil and gas industry? Materials management is vital in the oil and gas industry because unavailability of materials lead to delays that could result in higher business costs.
Materials management includes all those activities necessary to ensure that materials flow from source to production sites to the final customer in the form of a finished product.
It is a complete process that includes planning material requirements, releasing purchase orders, providing transportation to sites, material storage and shipping to operational sites, when required.
Materials management for large oil and gas companies includes not just material supply for day-to-day operational activities at production facilities but also the construction of large capital projects.
This Zoe training course will empower you with adequate knowledge and information regarding materials management in oil and gas.
By undertaking this course, you will be equipped with the skill, experience and confidence to handle and manage procurement, transfer and disposal of materials required by oil and gas organisations.
Since the oil and gas industry involves handling of dangerous and sensitive material, this course will help add a certification of your abilities to handle and manage materials of this nature, thus supporting your growth and progression to such critical roles.
The main objective of this material Management in Oil & Gas training course is to empower professionals with—
- adequate knowledge and information of material handling in oil and gas industries
- the required knowledge, understanding and confidence to take all necessary precautionary measures when handling sensitive material used in the oil and gas industry
- the necessary knowledge and information to ensure that materials are treated and handled in a manner adhering to standards set industrially
- the understanding and awareness to dispose of unwanted or wasted material in a manner that would not hamper or pollute the environment or surrounding human inhabitation
- the knowledge and experience to train other professionals regarding materials management in the oil and gas industry
- the ability and skill to identify risks and gaps in processes and address these before they negatively impact the production process
- the overall skillset and capabilities to successfully undertake higher roles and responsibilities within the oil and gas industry
- the ability and knowledge to devise ways to improve the efficiency of materials management and reduce costs due to mismanagement
- the skill to introduce leans methods and automation as well as advanced techniques to enhance efficiency and increase long-term profits
Training at Zoe Talent Solutions is undertaken through two approaches—theoretical and practical. Theory is delivered by a highly experienced professional from the related domain. Practical training is encouraged through sample projects and assignments.
Role-plays encourage active trainee participation in the program. Trainees are also encouraged to share related experiences and issues at their workplace, and these are discussed in detail to draw relevance to the training content.
The above dual approach is a successful model devised and followed by Zoe Talent Solutions for all its courses, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals enrolling for this Material Management in Oil & Gas course, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Better materials management because of trained professionals overseeing operations
- Better risk assessment and management, and hence, reduced costs
- Increased credibility and greater investments because of better risk management
- Automation and application of modern tools and techniques to manage materials for oil and gas organisations
- Regular training of other employees regarding best practices for materials management in oil and gas organisations
- Organisational growth as a result of increased investments, reduced costs and larger profit margins
- Lesser occupational hazards because of poor material handling, thus increasing the organisation’s brand value as an employer
- Performance management of employees to ensure good performance
- Adherence of processes and practices to industry standards
- Customer satisfaction because of better quality and quicker good production and transport
Professionals enrolling for this Material Management in Oil & Gas course will derive the following benefits:
- Complete information and knowledge of materials management in oil and gas organisations
- Increased understanding, experience and awareness to take precautions when handling materials
- Greater understanding and knowledge of industry standards to ensure that practices and processes within one’s organisation adhere to these
- Increased understanding, awareness and knowledge to treat waste and unwanted materials before disposal so that they do not harm the environment or surrounding life
- Enhanced strategic skills to predict all possible risks and challenges and address them before they impact the organisation negatively
- Greater understanding and confidence to manage costs through better risk assessment and management as well as introduction of lean processes
- Increased knowledge, skill and understanding to introduce maximum automation when required and apply modern tools and techniques for increased efficiency and quality
- Better understanding to devise appropriate and objective metrics to track and maintain performance standards for better results
- Increased knowledge and experience to train other professionals for materials management in oil and gas organisations
Who Should Attend
- Investors and creditors who need to understand the practices and processes followed by organisations to manage materials, which in turn could influence and/or combat risks
- Senior management of oil and gas organisations who need to understand the importance of training for material handling
- Internal and external auditors who need to ensure and confirm that all practices meet industry standards
- All managers and employees involved in material handling in oil and gas organisations
- Legal advisors and insurance agents who need to be aware of best practices of material handling to avoid occupational hazards
- Vendors and other third parties involved in material procurement, transport or processing in oil and gas organisations
- Any other professional who would like to know more about material handling in oil and gas organisations
The course covers the following areas important to understand materials management in oil and gas organisations:
Module 1 – Principles of Materials Management
- Unit load
- Space utilisation
- Life cycle costs
Module 2 – Elements of Materials Management
- Spare parts
- Quality control
- Inventory management
Module 3 – Material/Equipment in Materials Management
- Automated storage and retrieval systems
- Automatic guided vehicles
- Automatic identification and data collection
- Dock equipment
- Integrated material handling systems
Module 4 – Activities in Oil and Gas Materials Management
- Warehouse management system implementation
- Data collection for warehouse database implementation
- Inventory services
- Analysis/Definition of materials management services
- Spare parts stock strategy implementation
- Material coding
- E-Logistics program implementation
- Application of RFID technologies
Module 5 – Best Practices for Oil and Gas Materials Management
- Comprehensive value chain approach
- Simplicity in purchase
- Proper tracking and visibility
- Performance management system
- Strategy during early design stages
- Smooth material handover from material to operations
- Operation-phase supply chain development
Module 6 – Levels of Materials Management Performance
- World class
Module 7 – Functions of Material Handling Systems
- Resource allocation
- Production planning
- Flow and process management
- Inventory management and control
- Customer delivery
- After-sales support and service
Module 8 – Advantages of Material Handling Systems
- Improve customer service
- Reduce inventory
- Shorten delivery time
- Lower overall handling costs
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.