What is an offshore oil rig? An offshore oil rig also called an offshore platform, is a large structure with infrastructural facilities for drilling wells to explore, extract, store and process petroleum lying in rock formations beneath the seabed.
Many oil platforms also have facilities that accommodate their workforce. Most activities happen in deep waters, though some may take place in lakes, inshore waters and inland seas.
These could be fixed or floating ones, depending on the structure and purpose, as well as the scale of operations. Although offshore drilling is extremely important, it poses several environmental challenges.
This Zoe’s Offshore Oil Rig training course will empower you with complete knowledge and experience to work on offshore oil rigs or oversee end-to-end operations on these facilities.
By undertaking this training course, you will add all necessary skills to your professional portfolio, which will ultimately be very helpful in securing greater and bigger job roles and opportunities for you within and outside your organisation.
The knowledge gained through this Offshore Oil Rig Training course will also help you take up roles involving training of other budding and experienced professionals in offshore activities.
The primary objective of this Offshore Oil Rig Training training course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and information about all activities involved in offshore oil drilling
- the required experience and confidence to handle emergency situations and take correct timely decisions to prevent damage of any kind
- the necessary understanding and knowledge of all required standards and benchmarks of operation for quality and safety while drilling offshore
- the confidence and knowledge to conduct training for other professionals working or aiming to work on oil rigs
- the ability to introduce smart and advanced techniques and concepts, including technology, to make work easier, faster, simpler and more accurate
- the potential and capability to make operational enhancements and changes in other strategic plans for one’s organisation to increase credibility and attract investors
- the ability to contribute to organisational growth and development through various avenues
- the potential and knowledge to ensure employee health and safety, thereby contributing to effective employer branding for one’s organisation
- the complete skill set and capabilities to undertake critical and complex roles and responsibilities at offshore oil rigs, thereby providing one with opportunities for career growth and progression
While the course content for each training course at Zoe Talent Solutions is researched and created, the content undergoes minor to major customisations as per the professional experience of the training audience.
Therefore, each course undergoes thorough review and amendments, if any, to suit the intended audience. Experienced professionals from the relevant domain deliver the training using detailed and helpful audio-visual presentations for better reference.
The trainer also encourages trainee participation through group projects and assignments requiring trainees to interact with each other. Practical projects and role-plays help enhance the knowledge and experience gained through the training.
This unique model of training is used by Zoe Talent Solutions for all its courses and is called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals undertaking this training course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Efficient offshore operations because of trained and experienced professionals overseeing functions
- Regular maintenance of offshore oil rig infrastructure to prevent early damage or wear and tear
- Frequent training and upskilling of existing staff on advanced practices of offshore operations
- Application of modern technology to speed up the exploration and production process
- Adherence to all required standards of operation and safety during activities at the offshore oil rigs
- Reduced costs, regular maintenance, modern technology etc., contributing to organisational growth and development
- Closest prediction of possible risks and their effective management and prevention
- Better employer branding because of high levels of worker health and safety
- Competitive advantage because of trained professionals enhancing various aspects of operation to keep up with the market and changing consumer requirements
Professionals enrolling for this training course will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and experience of offshore oil rig operations in oil and gas industry
- Greater experience and confidence to handle risks and emergency situations on offshore rigs, taking timely and accurate decisions to prevent damage
- Increased potential and ability to successfully undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to overseeing end-to-end operations at offshore oil rigs
- Better attention to detail and knowledge to review processes, systems, equipment, etc. from time to time and take corrective action, if need be
- Greater potential to contribute to organisational growth and development through enhanced processes offering operational excellence, increased employee health and safety, adherence to legislation and regulations, etc.
- Increased confidence and experience to train other professionals on best practices of working at offshore oil rigs
- Enhanced skill set and knowledge to provide strategic inputs to offshore oil rig operations, thereby fostering career growth and progression
- Increased awareness and understanding of universal standards and benchmarks to be followed at offshore oil rigs, thus increasing one’s potential and capabilities to handle larger responsibilities
- Greater understanding and experience of advanced methods and technology, applying these to enhance overall operations and contribute to organisational growth and development
- A sense of satisfaction to contribute to enhanced employer branding as well as employee health and safety through robust guidelines and best practices to be followed during operation
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and operators overseeing operations at offshore oil rigs
- Engineers executing operations at offshore oil rigs
- Top management involved in strategic decision making regarding safety measures and practices as well as safety training at offshore oil rigs
- Compliance and health and safety officers responsible for ensuring adherence to all standards and benchmarks of operation and safety
- Legal and financial advisors required in times of legal and/or financial liabilities against the organisation
- Vendors and suppliers involved at some stage of operations at offshore oil rigs
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about offshore oil rigs
The Offshore Oil Rig Training course covers the following aspects to understand offshore oil rigs:
Module 1 – Major Elements of Offshore Production Systems
- Well platforms
- Feeder subsea pipelines
- Processing platforms
- Export pipelines
- Tankers for oil evacuation
Module 2 – Types of Offshore Oil Rigs
- Fixed platforms
- Compliant towers
- Semi-submersible platform
- Jack-up drilling rigs
- Floating production systems
- Tension leg platform
- Gravity-based structure
- Spar platform
- Normally unmanned installations
- Conductor support systems
Module 3 – Basic Steps in Offshore Drilling Activities
- Select location and create a proposal
- Prepare area and crew
- Cover legal bases
- Begin soil preparation and drilling
- Check for oil and insert piping
Module 4 – Types of Holes in the Pre-Digging Stage
- Earth pit
- Pilot hole
Module 5 – Conventional Drilling Methods
- Fish hook drilling
- Lateral drilling
- Upside down drilling
Module 6 – Impact of Offshore Drilling
- Wildlife habitat disruption
- Oil spills
- Air and water pollution
- Climate change
Module 7 – Occupational Difficulties Onboard Offshore Rigs
- Hazardous chemicals
- Extreme temperatures
- Cramped workspaces
- Poor air quality
Module 8 – Additional Features of Offshore Oil Rigs to Adapt to Marine Environment
- Living quarters
Module 9 – Offshore Disposal Procedures
- Crude oil disposal
- Gas disposal
- Water disposal