This training programme will provide the instructions and guidelines on contracts in an oil and gas industry. The programme will enhance and grow the capabilities and the essential skills of the delegates through the help of solution driven examples mainly from the petroleum resources sector. It will also cover ways to negotiate, create and manage the contract and develop a procurement project. This course will provide the delegates a synopsis of the contract practice and law and will enhance their negotiation capabilities in an effective manner.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel who can attend this course are:
- Executives and managers in finance, procurement, legal, supplier and risk relations department
- Managers, senior executives, directors, and decision makers who are responsible and involved in the operational and strategic functions
- Administrators, Engineers and other professionals involved in an operational capacity with suppliers and contractors
This course will enable the delegates to:
- Build an understanding of the essential types of gas and oil contracts
- Refresh the trainees on the methods to assess the supplier performance
- Grow and enhance the skills and expertise in the ways to manage the performance of a contractor
- Good practices should be intensified while developing the statements of work
- Provide the delegates to fix and negotiate the disputes of a supplier
- Emphasize the essential tips to consider and tricks to avoid while purchasing services or materials
- Contracts of petroleum industry
- Contract formation
- Contractual terms: Importance
- Implied and express terms
- Production contracts and the typical features of exploration
- Supply of services and materials: contracts
- Contract requirements for the ‘local content’
- Liability considered: Knock for knock
- Petroleum industry contracts: Anti-corruption measures
- Purchasing Process management
- Purchasing best practice: Overview
- The market in your opportunity: Creating interest
- An oil services contract: Development of the statement of work
- Work scope
- Purchasing techniques: Results-based
- Supplier proposals: Evaluation
- The lowest cost: Is it the right one to choose?
- The bid to contract award: Movement
- Contractor performance management
- Management and identification of supplier risk
- Maintaining and getting the contract performance of a supplier
- Agreements at a service level
- SMART objectives: Setting
- The essential Key performance indicators
- Management of contractual variations: Changes made to the scope of work
- Importance of performance
- Closure action for post-contract
- Resolution and dispute management in the petroleum industry
- Definition: Contract Breach
- Remedies and Damages
- Tricks and tips: The liquidated damages
- Contract termination
- Concept of litigation
- Means to fix the contractual disputes: Mediation, conciliation or arbitration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution processes: Weaknesses and Strengths
- Scenario of dispute resolution
- Practice and contract negotiation skills in a petroleum industry context
- Negotiation preparation
- Objectives of the negotiation: Setting
- Acknowledging the position of the other side
- Roles and tactics: Negotiation
- Strategies of win-win, and win-lose
- Concept of Reaching an agreement
- Failure of negotiation: Knowing your BATNA
- The success of the negotiation: Measurement
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.