Marine terminals and jetties are always in operation. The kind of operations and activities carried out at these places are important yet risky. Thus, professionals working at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties need to receive up-to-date knowledge and training related to aspects of health, safety, security and the environment, including the mechanical integrity of machinery and equipment, the safety of operational procedures governed by international regulations and standards, pollution prevention measures, etc.
They also need to be updated with new technologies, techniques and tools introduced at different points in time to make operations at terminals and jetties faster and safer. Thus, continuous training is key.
Terminal and jetty management is critical and dynamic; operations and procedures here keep undergoing change, thanks to the rapid development of technology and the rising need to control costs. Management is moving away from having on-roll staff present at these locations 24/7 to contracting and outsourcing a considerable part of the functions to external agencies.
Terminal management operations revolve around broad functions of management, operations, maintenance, administration, pollution prevention, contingency planning, emergency responsiveness and safety, procedural writing, regulatory compliance, etc.
Given the scope of activity and the surrounding environment, the weather has a major role to play in planning and deciding type, method and time of operations.
One of the major aspects of consideration during terminal and jetty operations is the health and safety of professionals working at these sites and prevention of environmental pollution due to the kind of cargo handled at these locations and the resulting damage it can cause if mishandled.
Continuity in efficient-yet-safe operations at terminals and jetties is critical to the advancement of trade and commerce, and in turn, to the economic development of the nation. Thus, the government, citizens and port and marine officials ensure that all focus is to foster smooth and secure operations at marine terminals and jetties.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge of operations at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties. It will also help you clearly understand the importance of safety and robust processes and procedures for operations at these locations.
Further, this course will equip you with all information and knowledge required to upskill yourself and move ahead in terms of assuming higher roles and responsibilities involving overall management of operations at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties.
This course is a complete training programme involving all critical aspects of terminal and jetty management, encompassing points related to administration, management, planning, compliance, operations, health and safety, pollution, etc., thus providing you an overview of all aspects to help you successfully carry out any responsibility assigned to you at these locations.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals working at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties with:
- Complete knowledge of operations at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties
- Detailed information and exposure to all critical aspects of the terminal and jetty management, which would be useful to take up supervisory/managerial responsibilities at these sites
- The required skill and confidence to work with advanced techniques and tools to make operations at terminals and jetties faster
- The exposure and experience to handle all facets of operations at terminals and jetties, thus broadening scope or increasing opportunities for lateral and vertical progression for career development
- The capability, confidence and presence of mind to efficiently manage hazards and mishaps and minimise, if not prevent, grave impact to the health and safety of professionals working here or to the environment
- The required skill and knowledge to partake in the creation and implementation of policies related to the safety of employees, pollution prevention, quality of operations, etc.
- The confidence and knowledge to conduct internal audits to check compliance with international standards of operation and predict and prevent risks, thus fostering business development
All trainings at Zoe Talent Solutions are devised with an intention to suit audiences with different professional experiences and backgrounds. The course content and duration are customisable to make the course most relatable to the audience. A highly experienced trainer delivers the training using audio-visual presentations for ease of reference and understanding. Trainee participation is encouraged through group assignments and other related activities involving role-plays. Case studies help the audience relate the theoretical delivery of training to practical scenarios. Questions and experience sharing is also encouraged, keeping in mind the ‘practical rather than theory’ approach.
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions, including this, follow the highly innovative and successful Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose employees undergo this training course will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained employees to conduct oil and gas marine terminal and jetty operations efficiently and safely
- Advanced tools and techniques to increase the efficiency and accuracy of operations at terminals and jetties
- Regular checks and audits, at no increase in cost, to check operational compliance with international regulations and standards
- Better risk assessment and management
- Increase in trade and commerce, and hence, economic development of the nation
- Preservation of marine flora and fauna and the environment
- Better terminal management
Professionals working at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties will benefit in the following manner:
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of terminal and jetty operations and management
- Enhanced skill and confidence to work with advanced tools and techniques to increase efficiency and accuracy in operations
- Detailed understanding and experience of all aspects of marine terminal management, thus offering more opportunities for one to undertake supervisory/managerial roles or laterally progress to any aspect of terminal or jetty operations
- Increased understanding of international requirements for compliance and regulatory standards
- A sense of satisfaction of contributing to the health and safety of colleagues and the prevention of pollution to the marine environment
- Increased capabilities to partake in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures related to regulatory compliance, thus increasing opportunities for demonstration of one’s skill and talent
- Increased ability to predict hazards or compromise to safety and take necessary and timely action
Check out the complete list of Oil and Gas Courses offered by Zoe Talent Solutions in Dubai.
Who Should Attend
- Senior officers and marine terminal facility managers who need to understand the criticality of a marine terminal and jetty operations and the need for training employees working here
- Terminal superintendents, supervisors and engineers responsible for critical operations and decision making at these locations
- Safety and environmental pollution managers who need to understand the scope of operations and the impact on the environment and health and safety of employees
- Spill management team members who need to thoroughly understand operations to prevent or minimise the impact of oil spills
- Marine shipping coordinators involved in trading activities and operations through terminals and jetties
- External auditors and regulatory/legal officers responsible for checking and ensuring compliance with international standards
- Any other personnel who would be interested in knowing more about operations at marine terminals and jetties
The course includes the following topics necessary to gain a complete understanding of all aspects of operations at oil and gas marine terminals and jetties:
Module 1 – Overview of Oil and Gas Marine Terminals and Jetties
- Types of personnel involved
- Other operations/activities
- Double banking
- Over the tide cargo operations
Module 2 – Broad Functions of Terminal Management
- Contingency planning
- Pollution control/prevention
- Emergency response
- Regulatory compliance
- Procedural writing
Module 3 – Weather Factors Influencing Operating Limits in Terminals and Jetties
- Wind speed and direction
- Wave height and period
- Current speed and direction
- Swell conditions
- Electrical storms
- Environmental phenomena
- Temperature extremes
Module 4 – Operational Functions Influenced by Environmental Incidents
- Manoeuvring during arrival and berthing
- Stoppage of loading or discharge
- Disconnection of cargo hoses or hard arms
- Summoning tug assistance
- Removal of tankers from the berth
- Manoeuvring during departure and un-berthing
Module 5 – Principles of Oil and Gas Marine Terminal and Jetty Safety
- Leadership awareness and commitment
- Defined roles, responsibilities and ownership
- Regulatory compliance
- Regular communication
Module 6 – Important Aspects of Safety Management
- Hazard elimination
- Hazard substitution
- Engineering controls
- Administrative controls
- Personal protective equipment
Module 7 – Factors Influencing Safety of a Marine Terminal or Jetty
- Hazard potential
- Proximity to the sensitive environment
- Age of installation
- Ageing of equipment
- Historical accident/incident record
- Inspection records
Module 8 – Characteristics of Safe Tanker/Shore Gangways
- Clear walkway
- Continuous handrail on both sides
- Electrical insulation
- Adequate lighting
- Safe operating inclination
Module 9 – Causes of Pressures Surges in Pipelines
- Closure of automatic shutdown valves
- Slamming shut of shore non-return valves
- Slamming shut of butterfly type valves
- Rapid closure of power-operated valves
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.