Any organisation would benefit from achieving organisational maturity in terms of project management. This implies that projects would be scheduled and planned and tied to the organisational strategy, rather than executed randomly.
Then, what is OPM3? OPM3 stands for Organisational Project Management Maturity Model, a globally acknowledged standard providing tools to measure organisational maturity against a comprehensive set of organisational best practices.
This leads us to wonder—what exactly is project management maturity? Project management maturity is the progressive development of an organisation with respect to its project management approach, methodology, strategy, decision making, etc.
Maturity levels vary across organisations depending on specific criteria such as goals, strategies, scope, requirements, etc. Besides OPM3, there are other maturity models available, one of them being the project excellence model (PEM). PEM is a good standard for measuring project success based on an analytical system of points assigned to various categories.
This Zoe training course will empower you with in-depth knowledge and understanding of project management maturity models, specifically OPM3 and PEM.
Through this Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) course, you will not only know more about these models but also be able to successfully use them to measure organisational maturity in terms of project management and suggest changes in the project management processes and practices existing within your organisation.
The skill and knowledge gained about maturity models will earn you the desired attention and acknowledgement of your skills and capabilities, and this will result in further opportunities in terms of higher roles and responsibilities in your organisation and beyond.
The main objective of this Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) course is to empower project management professionals with—
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of project management maturity of an organisation
- the required knowledge, awareness and information of project management maturity models to be able to apply these to project management practices and processes
- the overall confidence, skill and capability to help the organisation align project management goals to organisational strategic objectives
- the confidence, experience and information to make changes to project management systems and processes, thereby demonstrating skill and talent to undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to project management
- the skill and experience to manage extremely complex and challenging projects and successfully complete them
- a sense of pride to contribute towards organisational growth and maturity through effective project management and completion of all projects on time
- the knowledge and exposure to cover all important areas of a project, giving the right attention to the right aspect at the right time
- the required skill, experience and capability to gain credibility as a project management professional, thereby increasing avenues for growth and progression
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are devised to address a specific topic and appeal to the relevant audience in terms of their job profiles and professional experience. Each course is thoroughly reviewed before each training session to check and make changes, if any, to suit the audience.
The trainer ensures trainee participation through group activities and assignments, as well as role-plays. Relevant case studies are also discussed to draw relevance to the training content.
This course, and all other Zoe Talent Solutions’ courses, follows a unique model called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose project management professionals attend this course will benefit as follows:
- Trained and experienced professionals to handle complex and challenging projects for the organisation
- Application of advanced maturity models to check project success and organisational maturity with regard to project management
- Greater project completion success because of streamlined practices and processes for project management
- Regular and free training of other professionals on organisational project management maturity models
- Regular audits and review of project management protocol and practices and necessary corresponding changes, if needed
- Increased performance of project managers, with increased efficiency and productivity
- Greater reliability and credibility in terms of project management, resulting in organisational growth and success
- Continuous improvement and enhancement of project management and related processes as well as scalability because of increased efficiency
Project management professionals undertaking this course will benefit as follows:
- Increased knowledge of organisational project management maturity
- Increased understanding and knowledge of advanced models to check project success and project management maturity of an organisation
- Greater confidence to train other members on updated models to check organisational project management maturity
- Enhanced skill and awareness to regularly audit project management practices and processes of an organisation and make necessary changes for continuous improvement
- Increased credibility and reliability as a high-quality, well-read project management professional
- A sense of pride to contribute to organisational success and credibility because of supreme project management practices
- Increased confidence and ability to manage complex and challenging projects for the organisation
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and team leads who manage challenging and critical projects for an organisation
- Project coordinators and administrators who aspire to grow in their roles and undertake higher responsibilities in project management
- Other stakeholders involved in a project life cycle, from start to end
- Other professionals who undertake and manage projects within their departments
- Senior members and top management of an organisation who need to understand the importance of organisational project management maturity models
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about organisational project management maturity models
The course covers the following topics regarding project management maturity models:
Module 1 – Project Excellence Model Area – People and Purpose
- Leadership and values
- Objectives and strategy
- Project team, partners, suppliers
Module 2 – Project Excellence Model Area – Processes and Resources
- Project management processes
- Project management resources
- Management of other key processes/resources
Module 3 – Project Excellence Model Area – Project Results
- Customer satisfaction
- Project team satisfaction
- Other stakeholder satisfaction
- Project results/impact on environment
Module 4 – Business Values Secured By the Models
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Continuous improvement
Module 5 – Elements of Organisational Project Management Maturity Models (OPM3)
Module 6 – OPM3 Maturity Levels
- Ad hoc (initial)
- Planned (repeatable)
- Integrated (defined)
- Sustained (optimising)
Module 7 – OPM3 Components
- Best practice
- Key performance index
Module 8 – OPM3 Cycle
- Prepare for assessment
- Perform assessment
- Plan for improvement
- Implement improvement
- Repeat process
Module 9 – Benefits of OPM3
- Advancement of strategic goals
- Implementation of best practices
- Planning of improvement activities
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.