The topics covered in this Employee Performance Management training program will equip participants excessively in setting the relevant and right objectives and in conducting constructive and encouraging appraisals.
The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the Employee Performance Management training program, participants will be able to:
- Explain performance management – definitions, aims, and developments
- Develop tangible and intangible measures of performance
- Establish business based objectives – including SMART targets and measures
- Explain the performance management cycle and how to manage it
- Complete the performance management cycle including end of year reviews, using competencies and various rewards programs
Performance Management – Introduction and Definitions
- Objectives of Performance Management
- Key Terms and Uses
- Corporate Values – Their Importance
- The Nokia Story
- The Annual Performance Cycle – Overview
- Performance Management – The Mistakes
Establishing Effective Objectives
- Cascading – Vision, Mission, and Strategies
- Performance Criteria – 3 Types
- The Impact of Critical Success Factors on Performance
- Key Result Areas
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Units of Measure
- Financial and Non-Financial KPIs
- SMART Criteria – Establishing Individual Goals and Measures
- Measuring the Semi-Tangible Factors/Competencies
- Statistics on People and Performance
- Continuous Reviews and Assessments
- Performance Gaps
- Common Causes of Poor Performance
- Measuring Performance – Scoring Systems
- Tips for Improving Performance
- Importance of Communication in Performance Management
The Importance of Coaching
- Coaching Responsibilities
- Benefits of Good Coaching
- Characteristics of a Good Coach
- Elements of a Good Coaching Session
- Five Steps of Coaching for Optimal Performance
Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
- Planning Performance Appraisals
- Preparing for the Appraisal
- Avoiding the “But” Trap
- Objective not Subjective
- Conducting Effective Appraisal Meetings
- Common Appraisal Errors
- Roles of Employees and Managers
Who Should Attend?
Employee Performance Management training can be attended by Line managers and supervisors who are held accountable for the performance of the organization and its employees and Human Resources professionals who are responsible for the design and implementation of performance management systems.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.