Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) is a powerful and user-friendly integrated solution for prioritising, planning, managing and executing projects, programs and portfolios. It optimises the contribution and functionality of each project management-related role to satisfy team members’ needs and requirements.
It is a single solution to projects of any size, complexity, etc. to be able to meet the needs of various roles, functions or skill levels within the organisation or project management team. The various stages/phases in the project are extremely critical for successful project management and completion.
What are these phases/stages in Primavera P6 Rel 8.3? These include implementation strategy, implementation process, structuring reports, implementing the schedule, managing the structure, managing project portfolios, using reports, importing and exporting data, etc.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a detailed understanding and knowledge of various stages/phases of a project involving the P6 application.
The experience and knowledge gained through this course will help you effectively use the application for managing various project management aspects. Each stage/phase is discussed in detail to help you understand these to effectively navigate through the application and manage the project effectively.
The main objective of this Primavera P6 Advanced Certification Course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed understanding and knowledge of each stage/phase in the application related to the project cycle
- adequate experience and confidence to effectively install and execute a project through the application, with ease
- the required skill and confidence to train other professionals to use the application optimally
- the adequate understanding and experience of various aspects of the application, including reports, activities, etc.
- the ability to ensure effective utilisation and good return-on-investment from the application
- the skill, experience and confidence to understand the various features and value adds and devise strategies to utilise these to improve project performance
- the skill and knowledge to reduce turn-around-time and deliver projects seamlessly with high quality, thus inviting more opportunities for career growth and progression
Zoe Talent Solutions offers training to a wide audience. For this reason, the course content for each session is reviewed to ensure relevance to the professional backgrounds of the training audience. An experienced trainer conducts lectures and delivers the training content using simple-yet-attractive audio-visual presentations for retention.
Trainee participation is encouraged through group assignments and competitions. Trainees are also given the chance to operate the software and run a sample project through it for practical experience.
This course follows a unique, innovative approach adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals opt for this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Optimal use of Primavera P6 for managing complex and critical projects simultaneously
- Higher quality of delivery because of seamless and transparent project planning and execution
- Optimal use of all functionalities and features of the application because of well-educated staff to run and manage the software
- Effective use of reports and other data-heavy inputs to be able to make correct decisions at a strategic level
- Multiple projects running simultaneously and without any major issues
- Easily available data for immediate reference and perusal for making decisions related to the project
- Better risk management, greater investments and, eventually, significant growth
- Structured and planned approach to project management to ensure on-time, within-budget and objective-aligned project completion
- Increased efficiency and productivity of product managers and all those involved in the execution and closure of the project
Professionals undertaking this Primavera P6 Advanced Certification Course will derive the following benefits:
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of all stages and phases of Primavera P6
- Increased ability to handle complex and large projects with ease because of the assistance provided by the software
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train others on using the application
- Enhanced skill and capability to optimally utilise the application to resolve teething issues and challenges, preventing them from negatively impacting the project
- Increased efficiency and productivity because of faster implementation and greater automation through the application
- Better decision-making skills because of readily available data required for making critical decisions in limited amount of time
- Enhanced skill to successfully handle and manage multiple projects, delivering them within time and budget limits, thus demonstrating potential and fostering career growth and progression
- Increased ability and knowledge to make use of various features in the application to make data readily available and without much effort.
Who Should Attend?
- Project team leads and managers with basic and fundamental knowledge of Primavera P6 and who would like to use it to run a project
- Project coordinators and other members of the project management team responsible for or involved in some critical aspects of a project that may require intervention through the application
- Other professionals and stakeholders involved in projects or driving projects within their teams or organisations, who would be involved in a Primavera P6-run project at some point in time and would be required to intervene and continue the project management process within the application
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the usefulness of Primavera P6 and see the benefit of advanced training for project management using Primavera P6
- Any other professional who would like to gain practical experience and advanced knowledge about Primavera P6
The Primavera P6 Advanced Certification course covers the following topics related to advanced use of Primavera P6 Rel. 8.3:
Module 1 – Implementation Strategy
- Setting goals and business objectives
- Defining and understanding roles and responsibilities
- Developing an implementation strategy
- Assessing needs
- Communicating the plan
Module 2 – Implementation Process
- Data structures in P6 EPPM
- Enterprise project structure
- Resource and role hierarchy
- Work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Organisational breakdown structure (OBS)
- Project, activity, resource codes
- Connecting data structures
Module 3 – Structuring Projects
- Process overview
- Setting up OBS and WBS
- Defining roles and resources
- Establishing project codes
- Understanding user-defined fields
- Understanding calendars
Module 4 – Setting Up the Enterprise Project Structure (EPS)
- Overview of EPS
- Configuring project preferences
- Working with/Creating project templates
Module 5 – Implementing the Schedule
- Working with/Creating activities
- Understanding the following:
- Activity networks
- Activity types
- Activity views
- Activity table
- WBS summary activities
- Grouping and sorting
- Activity owners, resources, roles, feedback, expenses, duration, constraints, issues, notebooks, relationships, risks, budgets, cost accounts, expenses
- Establishing activity codes
- Working with/Creating Gantt charts
Module 6 – Managing the Schedule
- Critical path activities
- Schedule preview
- Resource levelling
- Actuals feature
- Summary data
- Issue codes/forms
- Team member status updates
Module 7 – P6 Overview
- User experience customisation
- Page printing using P6 print tools
- Page printing using web browser
Module 8 – Managing Project Portfolios
- Portfolio views and scenarios
- What-if analysis
- Capacity planning
Module 9 – Reports
- Publication and reporting
Module 10 – Importing/Exporting Data
- Importing activities
- Import template for importing activities
- Importing locations
- Import template for importing locations
- Exporting projects to Excel
- Exporting activities to Excel
- Exporting risk data and report lists
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.