PRINCE2 stands for ‘Projects in Controlled Environments’. It is a de facto process-based method for managing projects successfully. PRINCE2 is well known and offers best practice guidance on project management. It provides greater control of resources and enables one to effectively manage business and project risks.
In simple terms, it provides tailor-made and scalable methods for management of all types of projects. Each process is defined with specific, important inputs and outputs, together with the objectives to be achieved and activities to be undertaken.
PRINCE2 Practitioner is the highest level of qualification and is suitable for those who need to manage projects within a PRINCE2 environment. It is the second level of the PRINCE2 exam. There are seven key processes in PRINCE2 that are critical and significant from start to end of a project.
These are—directing a project, starting up a project, initiating a project, managing stage boundaries, controlling a stage, managing product delivery and closing a project. The PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is a good qualification to have for any aspiring or career-focused project management professional.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge and information about PRINCE2 Practitioner. Further, it will prepare you for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam by providing the required knowledge, information and experience regarding critical processes and practices in PRINCE2.
The information, knowledge and experience gained through this course will not only help you prepare for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam but also successfully clear it.
This prince2 practitioner course training program will provide you with details of the project life cycle in PRINCE2, enabling you to undertake project management roles and responsibilities in any organisation or industry, thus encouraging growth and development.
The main objective of this prince2 practitioner course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge, understanding and information about the various processes in PRINCE2
- practical experience of managing a project through the various stages and processes in PRINCE2
- the required experience and confidence to undertake the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam and successfully clear it
- the ability and skill to manage complex projects effectively within the set time and budgets
- the knowledge and experience to devise and implement a structured team plan for the project management team of the organisation
- the confidence and knowledge to manage stakeholder communication and collaboration through the project, ensuring their intervention at critical stages of the project
- the confidence and skill to train other project management professionals of the organisation on PRINCE2 processes and practices
- the experience to have a structured approach towards planning a project from start to end
- the ability and capability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- the foresight and awareness to predict risks and take steps to address them so that they do not impact the project schedule or budget in any way
Zoe Talent Solutions follows a well-balanced practical and theoretical approach to training. While theory is through lectures delivered by a highly experienced professional in the relevant domain, using simple-yet-informative audio-visual presentations, the practical approach involves trainee participation.
The trainer ensures trainee contribution to the program through group assignments and activities, including sample projects to be managed during the course of the training. Trainees are also encouraged to share related experiences and difficulties they face at their workplace, and these are discussed in detail by the trainer to foster relativity to the training content.
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions follow the unique Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals attend this prince2 practitioner course will benefit as follows:
- Professionals as equipped, trained and experienced as PRINCE2 Practitioners to manage projects within the organisation
- Common and consistent approach to projects across the organisation
- Controlled and organised start, middle and end stages of a project
- Regular review of project progress against the project plan
- Assurance of business justification and relevance of a project
- Flexible decision points for changes in any aspect of a project
- Control of management in plan deviations
- Involvement of management and stakeholders
- Good communication channels
- Effective training of other project management professionals and stakeholders at the level of PRINCE2
Project management professionals undertaking this prince2 practitioner course will benefit as follows:
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of the various processes of PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Greater experience and confidence to manage a project as per the defined processes or stages of PRINCE2
- Increased experience and knowledge to undertake the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam and successfully clear it
- Increased ability and skill to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and successfully complete these within the set timeframe and budget
- Increased confidence to manage stakeholder communication and collaboration through a project
- Greater experience to adopt a structured and stage-wise approach to project management
- Increased confidence to train other project management professionals on the process-based approach of PRINCE2
- Greater experience and foresight to predict risks and make provisions so that they do not affect the project results
- Enhanced skill set, capability and experience to undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to project management, thus fostering career growth and progression
Who Should Attend
- Project management team members and managers who manage multiple projects for an organisation
- Top management of organisations who need to understand the importance of the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification and exam
- Aspirants of the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
- Other stakeholders of a project who are involved at various stages of the project
- Other professionals who aspire to build a career in project management
The prince2 practitioner course covers the following topics regarding PRINCE2 Practitioner:
Module 1 – Key Features of PRINCE2
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organisation structure for project management teams
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on project division into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility through the project
Module 2 – PRINCE 2 – Process 1 – Directing a Project
- Stage boundaries
- Ad hoc direction
- Project closure
Module 3 – PRINCE2 – Process 2 – Starting Up a Project
- Ensuring information availability
- Designing the project management team
- Appointing the project management team
Module 4 – PRINCE2 – Process 3 – Initiating a Project
- Agreeing to the project need/relevance
- Establishing a stable management basis
- Documenting and confirming acceptable business cases
- Ensuring a firm and accepted foundation
- Agreeing to resource commitment
- Encouraging ownership
- Providing a baseline for decision making
- Ensuring wise time and effort investment
Module 5 – PRINCE2 – Process 4 – Managing Stage Boundaries
- Assuring the Project Board of current-stage deliverable completion
- Providing information to the Board to assess the viability
- Providing information to the Board to authorise the next stage
- Recording measurement or lessons
Module 6 – PRINCE2 – Process 5 – Controlling a Stage
- Authorising work to be done
- Gathering work progress information
- Watching for changes
- Reviewing the situation
- Taking necessary corrective action
Module 7 – PRINCE2 – Process 6 – Managing Product Delivery
- Ensuring work allocated is authorised
- Ensuring work conforms to interface requirements
- Assessing work progress and forecasts
- Ensuring products meet quality criteria
- Obtaining approval of completed products
Module 8 – PRINCE2 – Process 7 – Closing a Project
- Checking the extent of objectives met
- Confirming extent of project fulfilment
- Obtaining formal acceptance
- Ensuring product handover to customer
- Confirming maintenance and operations management
- Recommending follow-up actions
- Preparing the end project report
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.