What is process management? Process management refers to the method of aligning processes to the strategic goals of the organisation, designing and executing the process framework/architecture, devising and establishing process measurement systems aligned to organisational goals and educating and training managers to handle and execute these set processes effectively.
Planning and administering activities are particularly important to achieve a high level of performance with regard to business processes. They help identify opportunities for improving quality and operational performance and ultimately client satisfaction.
Process mapping, in particular, is an exercise to identify and design all steps and/or decisions in a process in a diagrammatic form, with an objective to continually improve the process. Process mapping and improvement help measure process efficiency, develop new and improved processes, increase customer loyalty through delivered value and achieve sustained success.
This Zoe training course will empower you with an in-depth understanding and knowledge of process management, including process mapping and improvement. The knowledge and skill gained through this course will help you play a vital role in process management, including mapping and improvement, in your organisation, thus demonstrating potential to undertake higher roles and responsibilities within the organisation.
This course will also help you contribute to increase customer loyalty and deliver higher-value through process mapping and continuous improvement, boosting organisational growth and success.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- in-depth understanding and information about process management, specifically process mapping and improvement
- the required strategic skills and confidence to align organisational process with the strategic objectives of the organisation
- the confidence and ability to contribute to organisational growth and success through customer loyalty and alignment of operational processes to organisational strategic objectives
- the necessary strategic and analytical skills to map processes, closely scrutinising the decision-making process and identifying opportunities for process improvement
- the confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on process management, right from the steps in process mapping to introducing process improvements
- the skillset and capabilities to undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to auditing organisational processes for scope for improvements
- the required knowledge, experience and skill to establish process measurement systems
- the adequate skill set and capabilities to undertake higher roles and responsibilities in any organisation or industry
All training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are customisable to suit the professional backgrounds of the training audience. Before each session, the content is reviewed and changes, if needed, are made to the course content for relevance. Training is delivered by an expert, using audio-visual presentations for ease of reference.
Trainee participation is encouraged through group activities and assignments. Trainees are also assigned sample projects to work on during the course of the training. Relevant case studies are also discussed in detail by the trainer.
Courses at Zoe Talent Solutions, including this one, follow a unique model called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals attend this course will benefit as follows:
- Trained employees to undertake and successfully fulfil roles and responsibilities related to process management
- Increased organisational credibility and process efficiency
- Increased customer loyalty through an increase in delivered value
- Organisational growth and development as a result of increased process efficiency and customer loyalty
- Sustained success in competitive markets because of continuous process mapping and improvements
- Alignment of processes to organisational strategic goals through process management
- Regular and free training of all professionals on process management, particularly mapping and improvement
- Establishment of objective process measurement systems to avoid subjective interpretations that could hamper the growth and development of the organisation
- Better decision making and problem-solving through the process mapping journey
- Regular audits to check for opportunities for process enhancements, to have a positive effect on growth
Professionals undertaking this course will benefit as follows:
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of process management, particularly process mapping and improvement
- Increased skill and capability to align operational process to strategic objectives of the organisation
- Greater confidence, knowledge and experience to train other professionals on process management, particularly process mapping and improvement
- Enhanced skill set and abilities to undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to process mapping and improvement
- Increased knowledge, experience and understanding to devise and implement process measurement systems
- Increased capability and potential to receive related job opportunities from other organisation or industries
- Create confidence and perspective to closely audit operational processes to check for gaps and opportunities for process improvement
- Better perspective and skillset to contribute to organisational growth because of increased process efficiencies and customer loyalty as a result of process improvement initiatives
Who Should Attend
- Project and operations managers responsible for managing various projects and processes across the organisation
- Quality managers responsible for delivering quality output at optimal efficiency and productivity
- Top management of an organisation who need to understand the importance and impact of process management
- Process managers whose sole purpose of work is to ensure process efficiency and continual improvement
- Internal and external auditors responsible for conducting and ascertaining best practices related to process improvement
- Any other professional who would be interested in knowing more about process management
The course covers the following topics regarding process management, particularly mapping and improvement:
Module 1 – Overview
- Definition of process management
- Definition of process mapping and improvement
- Definition of benchmarking
- Types of processes
- Value creation processes
- Design processes
- Production/delivery processes
- Support processes
- Value creation processes
Module 2 – Types of Benchmarking
- Competitive benchmarking
- Process benchmarking
- Strategic benchmarking
Module 3 – Benefits of Process Mapping
- Establish current occurrences with reasons
- Measure process efficiency
- Gather information for waste and inefficiency detection
- Develop new and improved processes
Module 4 – Charts/Tools in Process Mapping
- Flowchart/Process map
- Deployment charts
- Flowchart symbols
Module 5 – Process Mapping Methodology
- Determine goals
- Identify process outputs
- Identify customer’s process
- Identify process inputs
- Identify process components
- Identify process suppliers
- Understand process limits
- Document current processes
- Identify process improvements
- Choose improvements to be applied
- Document improved processes
Module 6 – Importance of Process Improvement
- Customer loyalty
- Improved delivered value
- Sustained success in competitive markets
- Continuous improvement in value creation initiatives
Module 7 – Lean Process Improvement Techniques
- Work-in-process (WIP) limits
- Takt time
- Poka-yoke (mistake proofing)
- Seiri (Sort)
- Seiton (Set in order)
- Seiso (Shine)
- Sei Ketsu (Standardise)
- Shit Suke (Sustain)
Module 8 – Process Mapping and Improvement Challenges
- Extensive methodologies and approaches
- Complicated, expensive tools
- Lack of experience or expertise
- Issues with data access and availability
- Large efforts for data management
- Metrics for process performance
- Personal consequences
- Lack of stakeholder support
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.