The Professional Manager program is exclusively for individuals in supervisory roles. The entire program is based on management functions and creative approaches to superior management and problem-solving in team and organisations. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the various management functions and the type of skill associated with each
- Decide when to use coaching and counselling in order to manage others effectively
- Define the relationship between attitude and behaviour and use it to motivate self and others
- Use logical and creative approaches to solving problems
- Differentiate between leadership and management and use such knowledge to improve overall results and motivation
- An Art or a Science?
- Changes Impacting the Job of a Manager
- Basic Managerial Functions:
- The 6 Steps in Planning
- Managerial Competencies:•Communication
- Different Management Styles
- Factors that Influence Your Style
- Reasons Managers Fail
Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring
- To Coach or to Manage
- Differences between Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring
- The Competency Iceberg
- Core Coaching Competencies
- What Does a Coach Do and How
- The 5 Powerful Words of Coaching (DRDAR)•Development
- The Hierarchy of Needs
- Various Motivational Theories
- How to Motivate a Multi-Cultural Workforce
- Barriers that Get in Our Way
- A Rational Approach to Problem-Solving
- Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- The 6 Thinking Hats for Creative Problem-Solving
The World of Leadership
- Leaders: Born or Made?
- Leadership versus Management
- Characteristics of a Leader
- The 6 Leadership Styles
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Leaders
Who should Attend?
Department heads, senior supervisors, managers and others who need to develop/sharpen their managerial skills.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.