This Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course is designed as an integrated training program for the management of projects as per the standards set Globally. These standards will enable delegates who are interested in improving the project management methodology.
PMBOK stands for Project Management Book of Knowledge, which is a manual published by the Project Management Institute. It contains a set of terminologies and guidelines for project management. It also includes established traditional practices as well as emerging practices related to project management, with wide consensus of their value and usefulness.
One often wonders—what is PMBOK? What is it required for? Besides providing best practice guidance on project management, PMBOK helps organisations standardise their project management process across departments; assists individuals follow standard practices across organisations, thus adjusting to managing projects successfully regardless of the organisation or nature of the project, and helps some with decision making when in doubt.
The activities described therein span across the entire project life cycle (from start to end) into five process groups of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing.
It covers 10 main knowledge areas important to understand the basics of project management. The book also discusses project constraints and ways to deal with them. This book has evolved over time and has many versions.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge and information as well as experience of project management according to PMBOK 2012.
By undertaking this Project Management Certification course, you will be able to successfully handle all aspects of project management, from project integration management to stakeholder management, and effectively manage and overcome all project constraints related to scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risks.
This Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course will prepare and equip you to manage any project at any organisation, thereby enhancing your skill as a project manager and guaranteeing superior project management performance regardless of the scale or nature of the project.
The main objective of this Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed information and knowledge as well as experience of project management as per PMBOK 2012
- the required understanding and awareness of the 10 knowledge areas of project management to be able to run projects and manage these aspects from start to end
- the required skill to effectively predict and handle project constraints that may arise during the life cycle of a project
- the experience, confidence and skill to follow a structured and step-wise process to managing a project so as to do justice to each stage of the project, from start to end
- the complete skill-set, capabilities and confidence to manage and deliver projects on time and budget, meeting project objectives and overcoming all constraints and challenges, thus demonstrating talent and potential and facilitating future growth and progression within the organisation
- the awareness and understanding of proven best practices of project management and usage of them while managing projects for the organisation
- the ability, confidence and experience to handle projects of any nature and scale in any organisation, thus increasing scope for job opportunities and enhancing the earning potential
- the confidence and knowledge to train others on industry-standard project management best practices
Zoe Talent Solutions focuses on a good mix of theoretical and practical practices for training. While the theoretical aspect is delivered through audio-visual presentations by an experienced trainer in the relevant domain, the practical aspect involves trainees working on sample projects during the course of the project.
Two-way participation is ensured through group activities and assignments as well as role-plays among the trainees. Experiential learning is also given importance because of the positive influence it has on the training group.
This course follows a very unique model adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions for all its training courses—the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course, organisations will benefit as follows:
- Successful completion of all projects within time and budget limits because of trained and experienced project managers handling projects
- Better risk assessment and management because of the ability to predict more risks and address them more effectively to minimise negative impact
- Greater investments, resulting in organisational growth, because of more successful project completion
- Regular training of other employees for supreme project management skills and practices as per industry standards
- Greater credibility and increased client satisfaction because of high-quality outcomes of projects
- Recognition as an entity that can handle projects of any difficulty and complete them with the desired outcome, within the time and budget set for the projects
- Industry standards and practices followed for project management systems and processes
Professionals enrolling for the Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course will benefit in the following ways:
- Complete knowledge, information and experience of using industry-standard best practices for project management
- Supreme project management skills resulting in high performance, thus demonstrating talent and facilitating further opportunities for growth and progression
- Enhanced foresight and awareness to predict risks and constraints and successfully overcome these, without impacting the project outcome
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other employees to adopt industry-standard best practices and processes related to project management
- Increased competency, experience and confidence to manage projects of any kind, thus enhancing one’s capability to explore opportunities in any organisation or industry
- Increased knowledge, capability and experience to handle complex projects from start to end, with detailed knowledge and understanding of all critical areas of management, from integration to stakeholder
- Better experience and preparation and increased confidence to appear for the Project Management Professional exam and successfully complete it
Who Should Attend?
- Project managers, coordinators and administrators responsible for planning, managing and closing projects within the organisation
- Project officers responsible for setting standards and guidelines across project management for the organisation
- Senior management of the organisation who need to thoroughly understand the importance of industry-standard project management to overcome constraints and deliver good project outcome
- Other stakeholders involved in the process of the project, right from the start to end
- Any other professional handling smaller projects within his/her sphere of work or who would like to know more about project management by PMBOK 2012
The Project Management Certification (PMBOK) course covers the following topics regarding project management by PMBOK 2012:
Module 1 – Overview of PMBOK 2012 and Project Management
- Description and history of PMBOK
- Purpose of PMBOK
- Project, program and portfolio management
- Project management offices
Module 2 – Knowledge Areas of Project Management
- Human resources
Module 3 – PMBOK Process – Initiating Group
- Project authorisation
- Project charter
- Stakeholder identification/register
- Project alignment to organisation strategy
Module 4 – PMBOK Process – Planning Group
- Scope management plan
- Schedule management plan
- Stakeholder management plan
- Human resource management plan
- Risk management plan
- Cost management plan
- Quality management plan
- Requirement management plan (requirement traceability matrix)
Module 5 – PMBOK Process – Executing Group
- Acquisition and management of the development team
- Communication management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Procurement management
Module 6 – PMBOK Process – Monitoring and Controlling Group
- Change request and log
- Performance comparison
- Measurement of variance (earned value status report)
- Corrective action initiation
Module 7 – PMBOK Process – Closing Group
- Sign-off and acceptance by the customer
- Final payments
- Contract closure
Module 8 – Project Constraints
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.