The program is designed to provide concepts, provisions, and tools that will enable managing contractors. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the major project and contract management framework and processes
- Identify the major activities, steps and tools to manage their contracting partner who is executing their project
- Recognize the main contractual provisions that can affect projects
- Demonstrate the importance of partnership and negotiation in managing projects
- Identify the impact of contract’s variation orders and claims on projects
- Determine the contracting strategy for their project
- Project and Program Definition
- Definition of Project and Project Management
- Contracting the Project
- Project Scope of Work
- Role of Customer and the Contractor
- Principles of Contracts
- Contract Framework
- Elements of a Contract
- Knowing Your Contract
- Contract Provisions Affecting Implementation
- Pre-Award Phase
- Developing Business Case
- Project Charter
- Project Scope Statement
- Contracting Plan
- Locating Contractors
- Contractors Prequalification
- Developing Project Plan
- Project Planning
- Project and Contract Decomposition
- Developing and Control Schedule
- Network Diagram
- Critical Path Analysis
- Developing Milestone Chart and Gantt Chart
- Project Budgeting
- Issues and Risks Management
- Award Phase
- Evaluation Plan
- Terms and Conditions
- Sole versus Single Sourcing
- Lump Sum versus Cost Plus Contracts
- Time and Material Contracts
- Post-Award Phase
- Contract Administration
- Status and Progress Reporting
- Managing Deviations
- Variation Orders
- Claims and Disputes
Who should Attend?
Personnel who are seeking in-depth knowledge on managing their contractual partners who are executing their projects.
Individuals involved in contract and/or business related negotiations, individuals involved in negotiating the procurement of goods and/or services, manpower and different types of material or supplies.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.