Project management involves initiating, planning, executing, controlling, monitoring and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success objectives within a specified time. Project management comes with very specific and prominent constraints of scope, time and cost.
This trio is better known as the triple constraint of project management. The primary challenge of project managers is to meet project goals and objectives within the given constraints. Thus, planning and organisation plays a major role in setting the path for a project to progress and get completed successfully.
Project management does not only involve planning for tasks and assignments within the timelines and costs assigned. A significant part of project management involves developing and maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders concerned with or contributing to some or the other aspect of the project.
Effectively managing partnerships and expectations of various stakeholders, business partners, team members, management, etc. contributes to the success of a project. Therefore, project management involves many aspects and skills that need to function together so that a project is successfully completed within the defined timelines, costs and objectives.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of project management that will help you effectively plan and manage projects for your organisation.
The confidence and skill gained through this course will also help you overcome challenges and manage projects within timelines and costs and will enable you to set objective measures of performance of the project, in turn demonstrating your credibility and paving the way for further opportunities for growth and progression.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and information about important fundamentals of project management
- the required skill set and confidence to be able to complete projects within timelines and costs assigned, meeting all objectives set for the project
- the required perspective and understanding to devise objective measures and metrics to ascertain project progress and performance
- the required confidence and experience to align project objectives to organisational objectives, in turn contributing to organisational growth and development
- the capability to devise a project management framework for small- and large-scale projects of the organisation
- the skill and experience to maintain good relationships with all concerned stakeholders and define and allocate roles and responsibilities
- the ability and skill to prepare and review a project charter before the start of a project
- the experience and knowledge to identify and quantify risks and address these to prevent them from hampering the project success
- the ability to manage conflict, constraints and other challenges effectively, thus demonstrating skill and potential and increasing scope for growth and progression
Training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions have been created to accommodate customisations and amendments as per the training audience of each session. A highly experienced trainer delivers the training using simple-yet-helpful audio-visual presentations for ease of reference for the training audience.
Trainee participation is encouraged through group activities, such as assignments, debates, etc., and role-plays. Recent case studies are discussed to help relate to the theoretical aspect of the training. Trainees are also encouraged to share experiences from their current organisations, which are then discussed in detail by the trainer.
Overall, all courses at Zoe Talent Solutions follow the innovative and unique Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this Project Management Course for Beginners, organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Experienced and trained employees to manage various projects in the organisation
- More successful projects completed within the time and costs set, while also meeting project objectives
- Projects aligned to organisational objectives, thus resulting in organisational growth and development
- More objective tracking and measurement of project performance
- Application of best practices and useful concepts and methods of project management to deliver better outcomes
- More effective and detailed project frameworks, plans and charters, taking into account constraints, challenges and the like
- Better risk management, resulting in higher success of projects because of better management of challenges
- Better stakeholder management
Through this Project Management Course for Beginners, professionals will benefit in the following manner:
- Increased understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of project management
- Greater experience and confidence to manage projects successfully and complete them despite constraints
- Greater knowledge and skill to prepare a project framework or charter to plan the project in advance and set targets and timelines to ensure successful completion, thus increasing opportunities for career progression
- Enhanced perspective and foresight to predict risks, quantify and consider them in the project plan and take necessary action to address them so as to not affect project results
- Increased skill and knowledge to apply different, effective project management concepts and techniques when planning projects of different scope and scale
- Greater capability and understanding to maintain healthy stakeholder relationships, assigning appropriate responsibilities to all in the process
- Increased knowledge and skill to define objective metrics to measure and track the progress and outcome of a project
- Better perspective and thought process to define and align project deliverables and goals to organisational objectives, thus contributing to organisational growth and success
Who Should Attend
- Managers and professionals of project management teams of organisations who need to thoroughly understand project management, getting the basics right
- Project management officers responsible for framing guidelines and methods around project management for the organisation
- Senior members and top management of organisations who need to understand the importance of project management training for professionals
- All other stakeholders of an organisation who may be involved in some of the other aspects of a project
- Any other professional who would need to have basic knowledge of project management for managing small-scale projects within their team or organisation
The course will cover the following topics helpful to understand the fundamentals of project management:
Module 1 – Overview of Projects
- Definition of ‘Project’
- Project attributes and characteristics
- Difference from usual ‘operations’
Module 2 – Knowledge Areas of Project Management
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Human resource management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Stakeholder management
Module 3 – Project Management Skills
- People management
- Conflict management
- Planning and organisation
- Contract management
- Creative thinking
- Time management
Module 4 – Principles of Project Management
- Vision and mission
- Business objectives
- Standards of engagement
- Intervention and execution strategy
- Organisational alignment
- Measurement and accountability
Module 5 – Five Stages of Project Management
- Conception and initiation
- Performance monitoring
- Project closure
Module 6 – Best Practices of Project Management
- Define scope and objectives
- Define deliverables
- Plan the project
- Communicate necessary information
- Track and report project progress
- Manage change
- Conduct risk analyses
Module 7 – Challenges to Project Management
- Poor communication
- Personality conflicts
- Poor management
- Poorly defined goals and objectives
Module 8 – The Triple Constraint
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.