Engineers are the key role player in a project. For the success of a project, effective project management is imperative. Successful project management must start from the day the project is initiated and it’s not only the role of the Project Managers to work towards making the project successful.
If the Engineers who are working on the project have an understanding of Project management, it would definitely make the project successful.
This Zoe training course will enhance your knowledge about Project management process and various knowledge areas of the project. This course is designed to cover all the aspects related to projects and project management and hence making engineers working on them more responsible for their role.
The key objective of this Project Management Course for Engineers is to empower engineers to—
- Understand the difference between operations and projects
- Assure that the engineers understand their roles in project management
- Understand the types of the project life cycle and the different processes involved in the project
- Acquire the knowledge areas related to a project and their integration
- Work on the different challenges to make sure that the project has a balance between the triple constrains and is completed in time and within budget
- Coach the engineers on the role of stakeholders in the projects and meeting their requirement is critical for the success of the project
- The best way of communication to be carried out by the project team
- Exploring the different ways of identifying Risk and analysing them and managing the same
Zoe Talent Solutions engages highly qualified trainers from relevant domains to deliver the training with the help of audio-visual presentations. Since Zoe Talent Solutions places great stress on customised training solutions, the course content is meticulously reviewed by the trainers before each session to check relevance to the training audience.
Trainee participation through group activities and assignments, and role-plays and case study deliberations form an integral part of the training program. Experiential learning is also given equivalent importance within the format of training.
Zoe Talent Solutions uses Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
After Engineers undergo this training course, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Skilled Engineers who are working on the project, will understand the importance of project management
- The project scope would be clearly understood and the time and the cost plan for the project would be estimated accordingly
- Adherence to all the project management plan and all the components related to it
- Better and effective Resource management which would enhance the productivity of the team
- Satisfied and contented stakeholders who will provide project acceptance and handover
- Structured communication between different parties at all the stages of the project and in all the project aspects
- Effective mechanisms to identify the risks in the projects and analysing the same and working on response plans and reserves
Engineers who would undergo this training would gain the following knowledge:
- Understanding more about Projects and Project Management
- The Engineers would be more confident about their roles in project management
- More attention would be given to the details of understanding the different stages of a Project
- Project Engineer would be more focused on clarifying the scope of a project before starting the project
- Improved attention to details of the schedule and focusing on following the schedule
- Greater confidence when accessing the Budget and Cost Control
- Will be able to manage the stakeholders better
- Energetic performance in managing the resources and the productivity of the resources
- Enhanced skill set and capabilities to identify, analyse and manage risks in the project
Who Should Attend?
- Engineers/ Senior Engineers who are a part of a project at any stage
- Young Engineers who want to pursue their career in Projects
- Senior Project Team members who have an Engineering background
Project Management course for engineers covers the following topics:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Importance of Project Management for Engineers
- Difference between Operations and projects
- Role of Engineers in projects
Module 2 – Project Management concepts
- What is a Project
- Project Life cycle
- Triple Constrains in a Project
Module 3 – The 5 Processes
- Monitoring and Control
Module 4 – Understanding the Scope of a project
- Definition of the project scope
- Project Charter and other documents
- Work Breakdown Structure
Module 5 – How does a Schedule Work?
- Creating Activities and sequencing activities
- Calculating Duration for Activities
- Developing Schedules
- Baselining and Updating schedules
Module 6 – Resource requirement of a Project
- Understand the resource requirements for the projects
- Estimate resources and acquiring them
- Managing and Controlling resources
Module 7 – Cost Calculation for a Project
- Estimating Cost
- Preparing Budget
- Controlling Cost
- Earned Value Analysis
Module 8 – Stakeholders
- Who are stakeholders?
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Understanding Stakeholder requirements
- Managing stakeholders
Module 9– Importance of Communication
- Why communication is important in a project?
- Managing Communication
Module 10 – Procurement
- Planning Procurement
- Monitoring Procurement
Module 11 – How are Project Risks handled?
- Risk Management concepts
- Identifying Risks
- Risk Analysis – qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Mitigating Risk
- Managing reserves
- Monitoring Risks