This is an intensive workshop for all those seeking to become project managers. Right from planning, scheduling to successfully completing projects, the techniques taught and used in this program are very beneficial. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Plan, schedule, implement and control projects in a structured and professional style
- Review the financial aspects of the projects they are currently handling
- Select the right projects using capital budgeting techniques
- Engage with project stakeholders through better negotiation and communication skills
- Develop an awareness of own personal strengths and weaknesses while managing projects
- Work with the problems and constraints related to managing projects
- Project Management Definitions
- Projects versus Operations
- Managing Project Constraints
- Applications of Project Management
- Definition of Project Life-Cycle
- Defining Project Requirements
•Statement of Work (SOW)
•Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- WBS Decomposition Problems
- WBS Guide lines and Checklists
Project Scheduling and Network Modelling
- Linking Activities and WBS Sequencing
- Forward and Backward Scheduling
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Slack/Float Management
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Schedule Compression Techniques
- Myths and Realities of Schedule Compression
- Resource Planning and Levelling
Project Organizing, Control and Reporting
- Project Organization and Project Control
- Mastering Earned Value Management
- Schedule and Budget Variances
- Project Management Reporting
- Auditing a Project
- The Role of Software in Project Management
Project Selection Using Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Definition of Capital Budgeting and Cost of Capital
- Project Rate of Return:•Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
•Pay Back Period (PP)
•Net Present Value (NPV)
•Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Project Stakeholders Management
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Planning Stakeholder Management
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement
- Controlling Stakeholder Engagement
Who should Attend?
All personnel who are now, or plan to become, involved in any phase of project management.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.