Public-Private Partnerships (or PPPs, as they are more commonly known) are partnerships between the public sector and one or more private sector companies to help finance, build, operate and manage a public sector infrastructural project or service delivery.
The public partner, in this case, is the government (local, state or central), while the private partner is an individual private company or entity or a group of companies come together to carry forward a public sector project of common interest.
When there is limited public funding and the funding and timely completion of large-scale public projects are at risk, PPPs become necessary. While there are numerous benefits from Public-Private Partnerships, the most significant is the utilisation of enhanced expertise, skill, technology and innovation of the private sector to accelerate the completion of a project or enhance the efficiency and quality of public service delivery.
In such arrangements, the funding mostly comes from the private partner and risks are distributed between both partners. Public Private Partnerships not only help improve the quality of life of citizens but also make governments competent in the global market space. PPPs could be substitutive or collaborative, depending on the degree of involvement of the partners.
Substitutive partnership is one in which the private partner completely takes over responsibilities and ownership of the project, while the collaborative partnership is one in which both the private and public sector partners have different yet specific responsibilities and functions to oversee.
Public Private Partnerships reduce the risk of failure of public sector projects because of the expertise, skill and advanced technology from the private sector. In general, PPPs are claimed to enable the public sector to utilise the expertise and efficiency that the private sector can offer to deliver certain facilities and services that were initially delivered by the public sector to citizens.
Public Private Partnerships are structured such that the public sector partner seeking capital investment need not carry the risk or stress of borrowing. PPPs are said to improve infrastructure planning and project selection as well as project management. Private finance in the public sector complements public sector financing and creates an incentive mechanism for aligning public and private interests.
This Zoe training course will empower you with an in-depth understanding of principles, theories, concepts and practical examples of PPPs. This will build your capabilities to partake ineffective setup and management of Public-Private Partnerships to carry forward, complete and run large-scale public infrastructural and service projects.
This will, in turn, provide you with the platform and opportunities to demonstrate your skill and potential to undertake higher roles and responsibilities within your organisation, thus paving way for career growth and progression.
Further, exposure to both sectors through this Public-Private Partnerships training course will provide you with the necessary experience, exposure and knowledge to work in any profile and in any sector, broadening your professional portfolio and increasing your chances and avenues for growth.
The confidence gained to successfully implement and manage PPPs will help you serve society and improve citizens’ quality of life through better public services and infrastructure.
The main objective of this Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Basis, Index, Formula, Methods and Types course is to empower the public and/or private sector professionals with:
- An in-depth understanding of all principles, theories, concepts, and information related to Public-Private Partnerships
- The required exposure, experience and expertise to determine the type of PPP that would be best suited to the requirement at hand
- Skill and capabilities as well as the confidence to work with advanced technologies and innovative products of the private sector to better the services and products of the public sector
- More exposure and better perspective to strategize and implement next steps and project plans across sectors
- Abilities and experience to work on large-scale projects impacting thousands of citizens nationwide
- Enhanced skill, exposure, experience and understanding to grow in one’s role within the organisation or across sectors, thus increasing opportunities for professional growth and development
Training for this Zoe Talent Solutions course is delivered face-to-face through classroom sessions involving audio-visual presentations and trainer discussion and delivery. The course content, modules, and duration are altered as per the training audience and their requirement.
To foster two-way participation, the trainer encourages group study through assignments, discussions, debates, presentations, role-plays etc. The trainer also discusses recent case studies closely related to famous and successful PPP arrangements. The trainer also encourages trainees to share their experience and help others learn from practical examples.
Like other Zoe Talent Solutions courses, this course too follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With public and/or private sector professionals attending the course, their respective organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- A more equipped, experienced and confident workforce to manage large-scale projects and operations.
- Better management and timely completion of public sector projects with superior quality.
- More advanced technologies and innovation because of the utilisation of skill and expertise from the private sector.
- Risk mitigation because of detailed risk analysis, appropriate risk allocation, and better risk management.
- Planned approach to undertaking projects to ensure timely completion with performance tracking along the way.
- Better public service quality and efficiency.
- Greater customer satisfaction because of better services in terms of quality and timelines.
Through this Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Basis, Index, Formula, Methods and Types course, public and/or private sector professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding, knowledge, and information of all fundamental principles, theories and concepts around Public-Private Partnerships
- Increased experience and skill to design, implement and monitor PPP projects
- More preparedness and awareness to evaluate risk identification, mitigation and allocation
- Increased capabilities to work with advanced technologies and tools of the private sector
- More exposure of working on large-scale projects, thus greater confidence to successfully handle large public sector projects independently
- Better perspective and higher logical reasoning and strategic thinking skills to be able to make strategic decisions before, during and after implementation of PPPs
- Enhanced skill set to be able to work in any sector, thus increasing one’s chances for professional growth and development across sectors
- A sense of pride and satisfaction to play a significant role in improving the quality of life of citizens through enhanced public service in terms of quality and efficiency
Who Should Attend?
- Senior officials from the public and/or private sectors responsible to make decisions with regard to PPPs
- Investors who show interest and play an important part in investment-related discussions, negotiations and decisions
- Regulatory agencies and legal authorities responsible for ensuring a strong, robust and risk-free regulatory and legal framework
- Policymakers responsible for framing all necessary policies and guidelines for conduct, professional ethics etc. around a PPP agreement
- Auditors and compliance experts to ensure that contracts and agreements comply with the standards that are universally accepted
- Human resource professionals responsible for creating a work environment that is ethical, focused, performance-driven and technologically advanced
- Any other public and/or private sector employee who plays or would play a role in PPP implementation and management
The course will cover the following areas that are critical to understand PPP fundamentally:
Module 1 – Overview of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Theories and concepts
- Examples of recent PPPs
Module 2 – Principles for Successful PPPs
- Good preparation
- Shared vision and understanding between partners
- Clarity on risks and rewards
- Clear, rational decision-making process
- Secured and aligned leadership
- Regular, clear, transparent communication
- Defined work values and ethical conduct
Module 3 – Advantages of PPPs
- Better public sector management
- High quality and efficiency of public services
- No unnecessary expenditures
- Long-term income for private companies
- Enhanced risk management
- Strategic and planned approach to project implementation
- Increased transparency and accountability
- Greater client satisfaction
Module 4 – Disadvantages of PPPs
- Expensive infrastructure and services
- Longer service procurement procedure
- Rigid, complex partnerships
- Increase in government costs
- Compromise on competency
Module 5 – Types of PPP Projects
- Operation and maintenance contract
- Operation license
- Finance only
Module 6 – Success Factors of PPPs
- Political commitment
- Enabling legislation
- Project prioritisation
- Deal flow and standardisation
Module 7 – Private Sector Requirements in PPPs
- Fair profit
- Reward for risk mitigation
- Clear legal and regulatory structure
- Growth potential
- Political support and stability
Module 8 – Public Sector Requirements in PPPs
- Leveraging funding
- Accelerating project implementation
- Improving service levels and coverage
- Efficiency gains
- Ease of implementation
Module 9 – Variations of PPP Projects
- Greenfield projects
- Brownfield projects
- Yellow field projects
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.