With the rampant innovation and development in all other sectors, public administration is facing a challenge to keep pace with the quality and speed of public service delivery. This calls for public sector reform. Public sector reforms are initiated with the objective of making changes to the processes and structures of public sector organisations to enhance the administration, management and operations of these organisations. Structural changes include mergers or splits, while process-related changes include system redesign, quality standard revision, capacity building and training focus, etc. While such reforms have many advantages, the seamless functioning of these depend on many factors, some of which act as extreme challenges to public and private sector organisations. These challenges could include political influence and the resulting bias, corruption, patronage, etc. Thus, planning and implementation of public sector reforms needs to be done in a strategic and focused manner, predicting all risks, challenges and hindrances and making provisions to overcome these so that they do not hamper the success or progress of the initiative. Timely completion with the rightful objective achieved is a successful reform in the true sense. Private investment in reforms is a critical and very important contributor to the success of a reform. Since reforms involve restructuring, redesign, etc., technological assistance and expertise from the private sector are vital. However, the most important aspect that could determine overall success of a reform beyond technological assistance and expertise is private investment of funds to carry forward all that is decided to enhance the administration of a public service. There are various factors that determine private sector investment and its impact on public sector reforms, including foreign capital inflow, external debt, profitability, government expenditure, etc. Private sector investment in public sector reform has a huge impact on economic growth as well.
This Zoe training course will empower you with the necessary understanding and information to implement and successfully carry forward public sector reform. It will provide you the necessary experience, exposure, and skill needed to play an important role in any public sector reform undertaken by your organisation, and will, in turn, provide you a platform to display your confidence, talent and potential to adopt higher responsibilities and grow to higher positions in your organisation. The training course and the detailed modules will also prepare you for possible risks, hindrances and challenges that you may face during a public sector reform and the knowledge and information gained through the course will help you successfully handle them. Further, the course will help you understand the importance and impact of private investment on public sector reforms, and will enhance your skill set to handle private investment in large-scale public sector reform.
The main objective of this course is to empower public and/or private sector professionals with:
- Complete knowledge and information about public sector reform and private investment
- The necessary experience and exposure as well as confidence to encourage private investment in public sector reform and successfully handle these to ensure that the objectives of the reforms are met
- The required exposure and knowledge of various techniques and mechanisms of change management during a reform, while minimising risks
- The abilities and capabilities to work with other professionals in the private or public sector to upskill oneself and prepare oneself to undertake higher responsibilities, thus fostering growth and progression
- Complete awareness and preparedness to face and successfully address any challenges that may arise during a reform because of external pressure and political influence
- Thorough understanding of the importance and impact of private investment on public sector reform and enhanced decision-making skills to ensure that the right kind of arrangement is fostered for the reform to meet its objective within the timeline defined
The training course at Zoe Talent Solutions is customised according to the training audience, professional background and experience of trainees and the time they have to dedicate to training. The training is delivered face-to-face through presentations and lectures. Trainees are also made an active part of the training through group activities and presentations that they deliver of the course content. Experience and best practice sharing forms an integral part of the training format to foster training and learning through practical situations and examples. Case studies and role-plays also help encourage two-way participation.
This course follows Zoe Talent Solutions’ Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With public and/or private sector professionals attending the course, the organisation will benefit in the following ways:
- Systematic, strategic and well-planned implementation of public sector reforms.
- Risk mitigation and reduction of external influence or political pressure because of better preparedness of the workforce to predict and make provisions for these.
- Increased innovation and ideas because of exposure to private sector skill and expertise.
- Increased quality and efficiency of public service and reduced effort investment because of the use of advanced technologies and tools.
- Greater private sector investment because of key focus areas being taken care of and risks reduced.
- Faster and increased economic growth because of private investment.
- Increased customer satisfaction and quality of life because of better public services.
Through this course, public and/or private sector professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and understanding of public sector reform and private investment in public sector reforms.
- Increased confidence and experience to successfully plan, implement and manage public sector reforms involving private investment.
- Greater preparedness and awareness of possible challenges and mechanisms to handle them effectively, without affecting the desired outcome of the reform.
- Greater knowledge and exposure to other sectors, thus building one’s capabilities and potential to work in any sector, increasing avenues for career development and progression.
- Increased confidence, skill and knowledge to assume higher roles and responsibilities within one’s organisation, with more platforms and opportunities to showcase talent, skill and potential.
- A sense of satisfaction and pride to contribute to improving citizens’ quality of life through successful public sector reforms backed by private sector investment.
Who Should Attend?
- Board Members and other senior officials of public and/or private sector organisations responsible for critical decision making with regard to public sector reform and private investment in public sector reform.
- Investors and financers interested in investing funds in reform projects of the public sector.
- Legal and regulatory authorities responsible for ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements and standards are met in the public sector reform agreement.
- Members of the human resource departments from both sectors responsible for building a value- and performance-driven as well as ethical work culture in the organisations.
- Any other public or private sector personnel interested in being part of a public sector reform and private investment initiatives.
- Any other non-public or non-private sector professional who would like to know more about or partake in public sector reforms with private investments.
The course will cover the following areas that are critical for thorough understanding of public sector reforms and the impact of private investment on these reforms:
Module 1 – Focus Points when Undertaking Public Sector Reform
- Rules and law
- Reform awareness
- Change drivers
Module 2 – Key Principles of Public Sector Reforms
- Result-oriented framework
- Reform objective clarification
- Good political strategies/engagement
- Objective-oriented competencies/skill development
- Adequate yet risk-free experimentation/innovation
- Professionalisation and employee morale development
- Standard code of conduct
- Effective anti-corruption strategies
- Efficient public financial management
Module 3 – Advantages of Public Sector Reforms
- Better public resource management
- Better public service delivery
- Streamlined operations/processes
- Improved transparency and accountability
- Competitive advantage in the global space
Module 4 – Success Factors of Public Sector Reforms
- Reform plan
- Change timeline
- Reform objective clarity
- Performance improvement/evaluation tools
- Resource availability
- Leadership assistance
- Government stability
- Public sector reform law
Module 5 – Hindrances to Successful Public Sector Reforms
- Uneven resource distribution
- Employee resistance
- Lack of political commitment
- Informal norms
- Gender insensitivity
- Skill scarcity
Module 6 – Types of Private Sector Involvement
- Government downsizing
Module 7 – Public–Private Partnership (PPP) Influence on Public Sector Reform
- Types of PPPs
Module 8 – Areas Experiencing Economic Growth Impact due to Private Investment
- Foreign trade
Module 9 – Determinants of Private Investment
- Financing availability
- Foreign capital inflows
- External debt
- Profitability and market structure
- Government expenditure
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.