The inception of the procurement function has developed primarily from a simple administrative function to a full grown strategic business unit. It is no longer adequate to turn requisitions into orders and then wait for the delivery of the services and goods. Hence, therefore essential for procurement to constantly and consistently deliver value to the company by delivering services and products that supply the constant well being of the organization.
The Best possible practices that have to be executed and implemented are based on four levels such as:
This course will identify the mandatory conditions required at all four levels for those trainees who want to execute high performing procurement functions and standards.
Who Should Attend?
Procurement, purchasing, contracts staff.
Engineering, project, operations and maintenance staff who are into execution and planning of contracts and purchases.
All the people involved in the attainment of equipment, materials, and services who are connected with the organizations whose headship want high levels of competency in areas involved in these type of activities.
- Evolution in Procurement: Recognition
- Inputs, Outputs, and processes of the system: Discussion
- Grow and enhance the meaningful performance measurements
- Learn at all four levels: the required conditions to be taken into consideration
- Procurement: A Dynamic & an Interactive System
- The traditional Functional approach vs the system approach
- Goal of Procurement
- Strategic procurement plan: Development
- Procurement process: An Overview
- Procurement: Part of Supply Chain
- Strategic Procurement decisions: Development
- Buy or make decision
- Vertical integration
- Partnerships and Alliances
- Intercompany trade
- Countertrade and Reciprocity
- Supplier strategy
- The coordination strategy
- The Purchasing organization
- Implementation of the Tactical procurement decisions
- Involvement of the supplier
- Value analysis
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Selection of supplier
- Supplier ranking and rating
- Contract management
- e-Procurement and IT systems
- Procedures and policies
- Procurement Department: Staffing
- Concept of Dealing with Operational Procurement Decisions
- Selection of the most convenient ordering process
- Labeling the quality issues
- Follow up
- Overdue orders
- The process of payment
- Minimizing the cost of procurement: small value purchase orders
- The Concept of Contingency Procurement Decisions
- Different forms of contingency situations
- The management of contingency
- Performance Measurement for Procurement
- Spend analysis
- Ownership: Total cost
- Performance measurement for Supplier
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.