A quality management system (QMS) is a formalised arrangement that documents processes and responsibilities for achieving quality policies and objectives.
It helps coordinate and direct organisational activities to meet regulatory and customer requirements and continually improve the organisation’s effectiveness and efficiency. ISO 9001:2015 is an international standard specifying requirements for quality management systems.
What is the role of a QMS auditor? A QMS auditor plays a critical role in ensuring the effective functioning of a quality management system by evaluating processes and procedures for quality compliance; periodically checking and upgrading auditing tools and methods; planning, scheduling and conducting audits; preparing audit reports and conducting follow-up audits.
A QMS auditor, whether internal or external, has the responsibility of ensuring that all necessary standards or guidelines of quality management are maintained by an organisation.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a clear understanding and information regarding the roles and responsibilities of a QMS auditor.
Through this QMS Auditor Certification Course, you will also learn about QMSs in detail and how proper maintenance of these systems eventually benefit customers and the organisation.
This QMS Auditor course will prepare and equip you to undertake the roles and responsibilities of a QMS auditor within your organisation, in turn providing you the experience, confidence and skill to assume the roles and responsibilities of an external QMS auditor in future.
The main objective of this QMS Auditor Certification Course is to empower professionals with—
- a clear understanding and information about the roles and responsibilities of a QMS auditor within or outside an organisation
- the required skill and confidence to assume the roles and responsibilities of a QMS auditor within the organisation, in turn gaining experience and knowledge to pursue external QMS auditor roles in future
- the adequate skillset, experience and knowledge of QMS audits in order to undergo the certification and successfully become a certified QMS auditor
- the knowledge and confidence to train other professionals on roles and responsibilities of QMS auditors
- the required skill and capabilities to prepare audit plans and schedules and conduct audits for the organisation accordingly
- an enhanced perspective and strategic skills to devise or prepare reports based on the analysis of audit results
- the required knowledge of international standards of quality management to be able to successfully carry forward related duties and responsibilities in any organisation or industry
- the necessary understanding and information of advanced auditing tools and techniques for a better, more accurate auditing process and outcome
Training at Zoe Talent Solutions is delivered through face-to-face classroom sessions by a highly experienced professional from the relevant field of study.
The trainer uses detailed audio-visual presentations for ease of reference when delivering the training content. Trainee participation is encouraged by engaging them in group activities and assignments.
Role-plays and sample assignments help add some practical experience and learning to the training. Trainees are also encouraged to share related experiences and issues faced at their workplace, and these are discussed in detail by the trainer.
This course follows a unique format adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals attend this QMS Auditor Certification Course will benefit in the following manner:
- Regular internal audits by experienced and trained professionals to check for maintenance and compliance of QMSs
- Regular and free training of other employees regarding best practices for maintaining and managing quality systems
- Continuous process enhancements in line with consumer expectations and to maintain quality while increasing efficiency and productivity
- Increased customer satisfaction, and in turn organisational growth, as a result of higher and consistent quality
- Reduction in costs and wastage as a result of process optimisation in line with quality
- Greater credibility and improved reputation as a result of compliance with and adoption of internationally recognised standards for quality management
- Application of advanced auditing techniques and tools for reviewing processes and systems with regard to quality management
Professionals attending this QMS Auditor Certification Course will benefit in the following manner:
- Clear information and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a QMS auditor
- Increased skill and confidence to conduct internal audits for the organisation, identify gaps and suggest next steps or corrective action in line with the quality objectives of the organisation
- Greater confidence and understanding to train other professionals on auditing quality systems to ensure compliance with international standards and guidelines
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of international standards and guidelines, thus building one’s capabilities and preparedness to serve as an auditor in any organisation or industry
- Increased understanding of advanced, modern techniques and tools for auditing quality systems
- Enhanced analytical and strategic skills to prepare audit outcome reports based on analysis of audit results
- Adequate confidence and preparedness to undergo the auditor certification process and successfully achieve it
Who Should Attend
- Senior management and members of an organisation who should be aware of the need for regularly checking and updating QMSs and the need to have dedicated roles to do so
- Quality managers responsible for leading teams who keep a check on the quality of delivery by an organisation
- Quality auditors and engineers responsible for checking compliance with international quality standards and suggesting changes or corrective actions as a result
- Quality analysts and specialists involved in extensive analysis of various sources of information and reports to draw conclusions about the quality of an organisation and accordingly take next steps
- Investors who should be aware of how to check and assess the quality management processes and systems of an organisation before making investment decisions
- Any quality professional aspiring to achieve the certification of a QMS auditor
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about QMS auditor responsibilities
The QMS Auditor Certification Course covers the following topics regarding QMS auditor roles and responsibilities:
Module 1 – Quality Management Principles
- Customer focus
- People engagement
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management
Module 2 – Elements of a QMS
- Non-conformance management
- Complaints management
- Change management
- Corrective and preventive action (CAPA)
- Document control/management
- Supplier quality management
- Employee training
Module 3 – Benefits of QMSs
- Process improvement
- Waste reduction
- Cost reduction
- Training identification and planning
- Staff engagement
- Organisation-wide direction
Module 4 – Types of Quality Audits
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
- Quality compliance
Module 5 – Principles of Auditing
- Ethical conduct
- Fair presentation
- Professional care
- Evidence-based evaluation
Module 6 – QMS Auditor Responsibilities
- Review processes for quality compliance
- Check and calibrate auditing tools
- Develop audit plans and schedules
- Conduct quality audits
- Develop audit reports
- Conduct follow-up audits
Module 7 – QMS Audit Methodology
- Maintain a process mentality
- Consider quality objectives and processes
- Prepare an audit plan
- Conduct an audit
- Document findings
- Prepare an audit report
- Ensure follow-up on corrective actions
Module 8 – Quality Control Tools
- Data tables
- Pareto analysis
- Scatter diagrams
- Trend analysis
- Control charts
- Cause-and-effect analysis
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.