Productivity can be defined as the relationship between the amount of output and the amount of input required to produce a product. In simple terms, it is a measure of the efficiency of production and is a crucial metric to assess production performance of an organisation.
Productivity is extremely important because increase in productivity leads to increase in production and sales, translating to higher profits. How do quality enhancement and cost reduction help improve productivity?
Steps or aspects focused on to increase quality eventually have a positive impact on productivity. These include performance, reliability, perceived quality, etc.
Similarly, cost reduction strategies force one to think of smarter yet leaner ways of doing things, and this helps streamline the production chain, which again has a positive impact on productivity.
The other way round is also true in the case of cost reduction, wherein an increase in productivity through any other means or method helps reduce the cost.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge and understanding about the relation of productivity with quality enhancement and cost reduction and how the latter help improves productivity.
This will equip you with the required confidence and skill to devise and implement certain strategies in your organisation to contribute to increase in productivity, thereby fostering organisational growth and development and inviting opportunities to undertake higher roles and responsibilities for career progression.
The main objective of this Quality Improvement Certification training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed understanding and knowledge of how quality enhancement and cost reduction contribute to increase in productivity
- the required knowledge, skill and experience to check and make changes to quality systems and processes to increase quality outcome, thereby contributing to increased productivity
- the necessary analytical and strategic skills to define ways and means to achieve cost reduction without hampering quality but increasing productivity
- the adequate confidence and knowledge to train other employees to think in the direction of productivity improvement through quality enhancement and cost reduction
- the skillset and capability to contribute to organisational growth and success though increased productivity, reduced costs and enhanced quality
- the potential and ability to increase client satisfaction through the quality enhancement initiatives undertaken
- the leadership abilities and attention to detail to audit existing organisational processes to check for optimal practices and scope for leaner, better operations, thus demonstrating your potential and increasing opportunities for career growth and development
- the perspective and strategic abilities to align all costs to strategic objectives and thereby devise optimal budgets and timelines as well as quality standards
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are customisable to the minutest detail. Before commencement of each session, the course content is thoroughly reviewed to check and make changes for relevance to the backgrounds of the training audience.
The training is delivered by an experienced professional from the relevant domain. Trainee participation is encouraged through group projects and activities, including role-plays, wherever applicable.
Relevant case studies are also discussed to foster reference of the training content to real/practical scenarios. The trainer also encourages trainees to share and discus issues they face at their workplace to draw practical reference to the training content.
This course follows a unique model developed by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals enrolling for this Quality Improvement Certification course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Increased productivity as a result of efforts for quality enhancement and cost reduction by trained and experienced professionals
- Increase in quality of delivery and production because of specific quality enhancement strategies and initiatives undertaken
- Greater profits and savings because of effective cost reduction strategies that contribute to productivity, which, in the long run, results back in cost reduction
- Organisational growth and development because of increased production, better quality and higher profits as a result of cost reduction
- Increased client satisfaction because of better quality
- Higher employee engagement and communication to foster increased productivity, quality and awareness
- Alignment of costs and budgets to strategic objectives of the organisation to ensure only necessary costs are undertaken
- Increased scalability because of leaner operations with good quality and higher productivity
By enrolling for this Quality Improvement Certification course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the relationship of productivity with quality enhancement and cost reduction
- Increased skill and experience to check existing quality systems and processes and make changes to enhance quality, in turn improving productivity
- Enhanced strategic and analytical skills to audit all costs and budgets and ensure that only necessary costs are undertaken, thereby contributing to increase in productivity
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train and align other professionals to pay attention to improvement in productivity through quality enhancement, cost reduction and other such practices
- Increased potential, experience and skill to contribute to organisational success through increased productivity and quality and reduced costs resulting in higher profits, thereby demonstrating talent and fostering career growth and progression through higher roles and responsibilities
- Enhanced strategic skills and advanced perspective to align all costs and budgets defined to organisational objectives to eliminate unnecessary costs and expenditures
- A sense of satisfaction contributing to happier customers and employees through increased quality and productivity
Who Should Attend
- Senior leaders and managers of organisations who should be completely aware of how leaner operations and stringent quality processes foster improved productivity and organisational growth
- Operations managers and team leads who need to define leaner operations and increase productivity
- Quality managers and leaders who should define standards for quality processes and practices within the organisation
- Internal and external auditors and compliance officers responsible for conducting audits for adherence to quality and productivity standards
- Financial advisors who should be aware of the impact of cost reduction on productivity, and vice versa
- Any other professional who would like to know more about the relationship of productivity with quality enhancement and cost reduction
The Quality Improvement Certification course covers the following topics on quality improvement and it’s relationship and impact on productivity and costs:
Module 1 – Types of Productivity
Module 2 – Overview of Productivity
Module 3 – Quality Management Principles
- Customer focus
- People involvement
- Process approach
- Systematic approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual decision-making approach
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
Module 4 – Aspects of Quality Impacting Productivity
- Perceived quality
Module 5 – Quality Management/Enhancement Tools
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Check sheets
- Scatter diagrams
- Control charts
- Pareto charts
Module 6 – Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Employee on-boarding and engagement
- Better use of data
- Use of Big Data
- Six sigma approach
Module 7 – Cost Reduction Strategies
- Business process improvement
- Shutdowns, turnarounds, outages
- Supply chain management
- Safety performance
- Preventive and corrective action management
- Quality improvement
Module 8 – Characteristics of Cost Reduction
- Cost is permanent; cost reduction is not
- Real cost reduction come from improved productivity, and vice versa
- Cost reduction should not be at the risk of essential elements