What is business process re-engineering? Business process re-engineering is a business management strategy focusing on analysis and design of workflows and processes within an organisation. It aims to assist organisations fundamentally re-think how they work to significantly improve customer service, reduce operational costs and become strong competitors.
Organisations undergo restructuring by focusing on the basic framework and design of their business processes. Broadly, there are three phases in the re-engineering process—planning, re-design and implementation. It has various elements of re-structuring too.
These include process-related, technology-related and organisation-related elements. Business process re-engineering is focused upon re-engineering around outcomes rather than tasks and helps link parallel activities rather than only connect the results.
This Zoe training source will empower you with in-depth knowledge and understanding of business process re-engineering. By undertaking this Reengineering Your Organization course, you will be equipped with the necessary skill set, experience and confidence to play an important part in or independently drive business process re-engineering in your organisation.
Further, you will acquire the needed exposure and capabilities to drive business process re-engineering in any other organisation or industry, thus increasing your scope for career growth and progression.
The main objective of this training course is to empower professionals with—
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of business process re-engineering
- the required skill, confidence and experience to partake in or independently drive business process re-engineering in your organisation
- the adequate skill set and exposure to partake in or drive business process re-engineering in any other organisation, thus increasing the scope for career progression
- the knowledge and experience of working with advanced tools, techniques and concepts related to business process re-engineering
- the ability to bring about significant changes in business and individual performance as well as foster competitiveness in operations
- the capabilities and experience to drive implementation of an unconventional thought process among all employees of the organisation
- the experience, confidence and knowledge to lay more focus on the customer, thus increasing client satisfaction and in turn market share and profitability for the organisation
Courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are customisable to make the course as closely relevant to the training audience as possible. It is for this reason that courses are thoroughly reviewed and revised, if needed, before each training session.
A highly experienced trainer delivers the training content using audio-visual presentations. Group activities foster two-way participation, and experience sharing, which is discussed in detail, helps bring about practical relativity to the training content.
This format is followed for all Zoe Talent Solutions courses and is called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this course, organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained and experienced professionals to drive business process re-engineering within the organisation
- Significant changes in performance, both organisational and individual
- Healthy competition within operations, leading to increased efficiency
- Introduction of unconventional thought approaches, thus resulting in innovative ideas and related actions that positively impact organisational success
- Increased quality and turn-around-time for response to customer concerns or preferences
- A more customer-oriented organisation
- Increased market share and profitability as a result of increased performance and happier customers
- Greater credibility and brand value
Professionals undertaking this course will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and information about business process re-engineering
- Increased knowledge, confidence and experience to partake in or independently drive business process re-engineering in one’s organisation
- Adequate confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on business process re-engineering
- Increased knowledge, exposure and skill set to drive business process re-engineering in other organisations, thus increasing the scope for career growth and progression
- Ability to influence significant changes in business performance and quicker responsiveness to customers, thus fostering organisational growth and development
- Greater experience and knowledge to work with advanced tools, techniques and concepts to successfully implement business process re-engineering in one’s organisation
- Enhanced capabilities, skill set and perspective to introduce an unconventional thought process among all employees
- Increased knowledge and experience to divert focus and attention to customer requirements and responsiveness to customer needs, thus fostering an increase in organisational market share and profitability as well as credibility
Who Should Attend
- Top management of organisations who need to understand the significance of business process re-engineering and training employees to adopt the thought process
- Operations and project managers majorly responsible for operations and management of projects within the organisation
- Quality managers responsible for ensuring quality through all processes and practices within the organisation
- Internal and external auditors who should understand the benefits of and the desired outcomes of business process re-engineering
- Policymakers who should look for opportunities of changes in processes and guidelines while framing documentation, in the best interest of the customer, employees and organisation
- Process excellence specialists whose main responsibility is to ensure excellence and quality in business processes and protocols
- Any other professional who would be interested to know more about business process re-engineering
The course covers the following topics regarding business process re-engineering and its importance to business process improvement:
Module 1 – Principles of Business Process Re-engineering
- Organise around outcomes, not tasks
- Identify processes and prioritise as per re-design urgency
- Integrate information processing into real work
- Treat geographically dispersed resources as centralised
- Link parallel activities instead of integrating only results
- Put the decision point where work performed; build control into processes
- Capture information once and at the source
Module 2 – Three-Phased Approach to Business Process Re-engineering
Module 3 – Aspects of Re-engineering
Module 4 – Elements of Business Process Re-engineering
- Process-related elements
- Technology-related elements
- Organisation-related elements
Module 5 – Steps in Business Process Re-engineering
- Envision new processes
- Initiate change
- Process diagnosis
- Process re-design
- Process monitoring
Module 6 – Business Process Re-engineering Tools and Techniques
- Purpose analysis
- Competitiveness comparison
- Process quality management
- Strategic capacity analysis
- Critical success factors versus performance drivers analysis
- Change management
- Brown paper flowcharting
- Process activity analysis
- Waste analysis
- Ownership analysis
- Resource domination analysis
- Product lifecycle analysis
- Pareto analysis
- Input/Process/Output diagrams
- Control systems design
- Measures of performance design
- Culture development
- Postponement and mass customisation
- Risk analysis, SWOT and FMEA
Module 7 – Success Factors of Business Process Re-engineering
- Business process re-engineering team composition
- Business needs analysis
- Adequate information technology infrastructure
- Effective change management
- Ongoing continuous improvement
Module 8 – Benefits of Business Process Re-engineering
- Radical changes in performance
- Competitiveness in operations
- Unconventional thought approaches
- Noticeable pace and quality of response to customer needs
- Structure focusing on customer
- Increased market share and profitability
- Improved cycle times, cost ratios and quality
Module 9 – Risks of Business Process Re-engineering
- Resistance to change
- Drawbacks to business process re-engineering
- Higher demands for workers
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.