Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) are an arrangement between partners from both sectors, private and public. It thus becomes extremely necessary to regulate and monitor PPPs from the start. PPPs could be for short-term or long-term and may or may not involve the element of funding; however, in most cases, such partnerships are long-term and involve funding by the private sector partner.
PPP regulation and monitoring is critical to enable seamless administration from the start. That is, regulation and monitoring helps check whether all scenarios and situations have been outlined clearly in the contract, whether all clauses in the contract are being adhered to, whether the responsibilities outlined for each partner are being carried out in accordance with the contract, etc.
Contract managers are appointed to check that the clauses set out in the contract are respected through the partnership and the activities are in line with achieving the end objective of the PPP. Monitoring PPP contracts also ensures that the relationship between both partners is kept under check to avoid severance, which could, in turn, affect the activities of the project and, ultimately, the objective.
Regulation and monitoring of Public-Private Partnerships start from preparatory work of ensuring that the necessary frameworks are in place, through the project by ensuring project activities are on track, to the end result, i.e. the objective outlined in the contract. Monitoring helps keep a check on the performance of the project and predicts risks earlier in the process so that these can be addressed in time, without affecting the outcome quality or timeline drastically.
Overall, PPP regulation and monitoring helps set standards for service delivery, regulate services charges, establish market rules, monitor the performance of entities and mediate and settle disputes.
This Zoe training course will empower you with in-depth understanding, knowledge and information of PPP regulation and monitoring. It will provide you with the experience, exposure and confidence needed to partake in PPP regulation and monitoring, thus enhancing your skill set to take up additional roles and responsibilities and grow within your organisation.
The knowledge and information gained about both sectors through the modules of the course will also prepare you to work in either sector, broadening your scope for career growth opportunities in across sectors. With the knowledge gained through this course, you can play an important role in ensuring that all PPPs formed with your organisation are successful and achieve the ultimate objective for which the PPP was undertaken.
The main objective of this course is to empower the public and/or private sector professionals with-
- complete knowledge and information related to PPP regulation and monitoring, from start to end
- information and capabilities to work with various techniques and tools to regulate and monitor various aspects of PPPs for a successful association
- the required skill and experience to predict risks and challenges during PPP and handle them well to ensure that the end objective is not affected
- the confidence and exposure to seamlessly manage change in any aspect of work during a PPP
- the knowledge and information of appropriate tools and metrics to monitor the performance of both parties in the agreement
- the required experience, confidence and exposure to be able to understand and monitor whether all clauses of the PPP contract are being respected by both parties
- the required skill, ability, knowledge and experience to undertake higher roles and responsibilities in one’s organisation or across sectors, thus increasing avenues for professional growth and development.
Zoe Talent Solutions customises its training content, duration and method as per the training audience and their professional backgrounds. Audio-visual presentations delivered by the trainer help the trainees understand the training content in-depth. Further, trainee participation is ensured through group discussions, activities, role-plays etc.
Case studies and experience sharing by trainees help increase the relatability of training content to real-life, practical workplace scenarios. By sharing their experiences, trainees also share some best practices adopted to handle certain situations. The trainer discusses these practical examples with the audience in-depth.
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, this course follows the successful and unique Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Interested in Empowering your HR team? Have a look at the various courses offered by ZTS on the HR Courses Category Page.
With public and/or private sector professionals attending this course, the respective public and private sector organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained and confident employees to play important roles in PPP regulation and monitoring
- More successful and well-managed PPPs because of a more prepared and confident workforce to handle these
- Better change management through PPPs because of better plans and predictions made by the experienced workforce
- Streamlined and on-track performance and work management of both partners in the agreement to ensure that there is a standard code of conduct maintained and performance is as per the benchmarks defined
- Risk mitigation due to accurate predictions and provisions in place to handle these
- Better public service delivery in terms of quality and efficiency
- Greater customer satisfaction because of better delivery of public services impacting quality of life
Personal BenefitPrivate and/or public sector professionals undertaking this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Increased knowledge and understanding of all principles and concepts around PPP regulation and monitoring
- Increased confidence and capability to work with advanced tools and technologies to monitor the performance of both partners and improve work management during the PPP
- Greater exposure and experience to predict challenges and better strategic thinking skills to plan how to address these successfully
- Increased confidence to successfully manage change during a PPP
- Increased skill and capabilities to undertake higher roles and responsibilities in either sector, thus broadening opportunities for one’s growth and development and enhancing one’s professional portfolio
- A sense of satisfaction to contribute to improving the quality of life of citizens through successful regulation and monitoring of PPPs and driving these to achieve the ultimate objective defined
Who Should Attend?
- Senior members and top management of public and/or private sector organisations responsible for decision making and initiating PPP associations and agreements
- Investors and financiers who would be investing in any project for which a PPP is undertaken
- Designated contract managers and policymakers responsible for ensuring clarity in clauses of the contract, agreements and policies, which are critical for seamless regulation and monitoring
- Legal authorities responsible for ensuring adherence to standard laws and legislations
- Human resource professionals from public and/or private sector organisations responsible for setting performance standards of individual employees, driving training and upskilling and enforcing a value-driven work culture
- Any other public and/or private sector professional who are or would be part of PPPs undertaken for a specific purpose
The course will cover the following areas important for understanding PPP regulation and monitoring:
Module 1 – Overview of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)
Module 2 – Preparatory work for PPPs
- Legal, regulatory, policy frameworks
- Technical preparation
- Institutional/capacity building
- Project implementation units
- Financial, commercial and economic preparation
- Project financing
- Tariff design
- Labour considerations
- Stakeholder involvement
Module 3 – Areas of Monitoring
- Contract compliance by private partner
- Service performance by private partner
- Compliance by government
- Risks and risk allocation from contract change
Module 4 – Sources of Monitoring Information
- Data by private party
- Independent experts
- Service users
Module 5 – Change Situations in PPP Contracts
- Planned reviews and adjustments
- Contract expiry/termination
Module 6 – Government Role in PPP Regulation
- Quick action when problems occur
- Skilled teams with decision-making authority
- Adherence to contract processes and clauses
- Identification of win-win situations
Module 7 – Regulation of a PPP Setup
- Deciding the procurement strategy
- Marketing the upcoming PPP project
- Identifying qualified bidders
- Managing the bid process
- Executing the PPP contract
Module 8 – Benefits of PPP Regulation and Monitoring
- Standards for service delivery
- Regulation of rates and service charges
- Establishment of market rules
- Performance monitoring and management of entities
- Arbitration and settling of disputes
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.