Conflicts are one of those ‘not so pleasant’ workplace realities. Despite our best intentions, we don’t always meet an amicable consensus at the end of a conflict.
This training program will enable each participant to manage workplace conflicts effectively and enable them to practice skills that will assist them to achieve this objective. The modules teach participants practical skills relevant to their roles in their workplace.
This course can be customised to cater to your specific needs/requirements.
Who Should Attend?
- In your world, what is conflict?
- How do conflicts affect you and the work you are responsible for?
- What two or three skills would you like to improve during today’s session?
- After a frank discussion of the participants’ goals and objectives, the facilitator will move on to a series of tools for resolving workplace conflicts in a professional manner.
The Tools: Using What Is Available
Often the root of the problem is failure to use proven tools – when conflict goes out of hand.
This module of the program examines several frameworks for determining position and identifying potential points of disagreement. To become comfortable with the models, participants will practice using several of the tools using their real-life examples and experiences. The People: Understanding Who You Are Dealing With
How you say is often more important that what you say.
During this segment of the workshop, participants will explore The Communication Jungle and how to present information to people with different communication styles. This insightful segment is often a favorite as it offers a wealth of easy-to-digest information that is immediately applicable back on the job Listening so People Know You’ve Really Heard Them – Yes, I Hear You
This seminar segment explores a model for effective listening. I would have listened to you, but I was busy trying to figure out what I was going to say next! Sound familiar? Maybe or maybe not. However, most of us are guilty of a listening sin or two. The good news is when the stakes are low, our listening failures are often overlooked.
But when tensions mount, failure to listen well can increase the likelihood that a small conflict or disagreement will grow. Participants will learn how to listen and communicate to others that they have done so. Difficult People: Dealing with Challenging People and Situations
Sometimes you find yourself in conflict with others, even though you seem to be doing everything the ‘right way’. This final portion of the program examines a process for effectively dealing with difficult people and challenging situations.
- Clearly define goals and objectives before conflict arises.
- Notice potential points of disagreement before they surface.
- Identify and articulate desired outcomes.
- Alter their messages for people with varying communication styles.
- Apply techniques for better listening.
- Effectively negotiate with difficult people and challenging situations.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.