Do you wonder often if the staff would sell more or serve the customers better, maybe with more sensitivity? Do you sometimes think, that the staff would be more empathetic, understand the customer’s needs and win the customers for life? If the answer to any of these thoughts or questions above is yes then keep reading. We often wonder if the store would have motivated top-performing employees and keep finding our answers as to how to make that happen.
How can I improve my customer service skills in retail?
Customer happiness is at the center of every organisation. Branding and reputation is very critical factor when it comes to retail organisations. In today’s times, remarkable customer service is what is required. Customer Loyalty and relationship building is what are at the core of customer retention. Organisations strive to work towards the pillar of growth at the center which is to create happiness and loyalty with their customers. With so many brands and organisations being there, it is only when a friend recommends you or refers to you or mentions an experience with a particular brand that the individual decides to try it. The question often remains that how to make the customer recommend you or give you amazing feedback for your service.
Customers in 2021 expect much more than just troubleshooting and are looking for brands that exceed their expectations. The stakes are very high these days and it doesn’t make the customer much time to forget a particular brand and jump to another. It is said that maximum customers, and maybe more than 75 % of customers would say that extraordinary experience is what the customers are looking for. Today, the lifestyle is given more importance. The new mantra now and in the future is less pricing and more quality and best service. Customers expect expertise, respect, and professionalism from the customer service team.
What is the best customer service training?
This Zoe training course will empower you with unique abilities to stand out as an exceptional customer service executive in the retail sector. The course is designed to make sure all essential modules in retail customer service are covered. This thereby will build adequate competencies in delegates to achieve their retail roles.
This program equips you to work on your customer service skills, understand the customers’ requirements and address their pain areas. It is created to increase the net promoter score and have an enhanced level of satisfaction index.
Upon completing this Retail Customer Service Skills Training Program successfully, participants will be able to:
- Use a customer-focused approach
- Recognize the importance of customer service
- Identify the values required for excelling in customer service
- Empathize with the customer and understand his requirements
- Learn to be a proactive listener and gauge the understanding by using listening skills
- Interact with every customer using positive language
- Ask the right questions and know their need instead making suggestions
- Gauge the needs of each customer in a commendable way
- Use body language to showcase professionalism
This collaborative Retail Customer Service Skills Training Program will comprise of the following training methods:
- Group Discussions
- Lectures & Seminar Method
- Whiteboard interaction
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
- On the spot Coaching
The program structure is detailed and interactive. The sessions follow two-way communication, as we work with the participant to ensure that they can get both practical and theoretical knowledge. At ZTS, we use the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply’ model.
If you are an organisation that believes in building value as a brand and treats its employees with respect and develops them to nurture their strengths, then this program is just for you.
Organisations wanting to enhance their customer satisfaction index scores and also better the experience of their interactions with the customers should look at nominating their employees for this program.
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this Retail Customer Service Skills Training Program can benefit in the following ways:
- Better feedback from the end-user
- Store loyalty like never before
- Improved interpersonal skills in their employees
- Employees will appear more professional towards customers
- Reduction in complaints from the customer
- The Retail brand would get more exposure through positive recommendations
An individual can benefit from this program in diverse ways according to their level of focus and participation in the program.
Individuals who participate in this Retail Customer Service Skills Training Program can gain from it in the following ways:
- Identify your customer’s specific needs, meet and exceed them
- Understand the value and method of a genuine customer interaction
- Understand self as well as others as a measure towards collaborative conversation
- Identify what works best to bring out excellence in customer service
- Have reduction in the complaints from customers and focus on customer satisfaction
Who Should Attend?
- Sales and customer service representatives of the retail industry
- Students / Interns / Trainees in the retail industry
- Managers of Retail teams
- Retail Trainers and
- Retail Staff and Customer-facing Team-members
MODULE 1: Know thy customer
- Know your customer
- Understand the requirement of the customer
- Set the foundation of customer service principles
- Learn the Pillars of customer service
- Create a professional approach towards the customer to define the experience
MODULE 2: Customer Awareness & creating a professional approach
- Understanding customer expectations
- Create a successful interaction with the customer
- Use conversational language to your advantage
- Building consistent customer focus
- Professional customer interaction
- Identify your potential growth areas
MODULE 3: Think from the future
- Take the first step towards creating the vision and setting goals
- How to create strategic S.M.A.R.T goals?
- Self-assessment in customer-facing skills
- Set goals and benchmarks for yourself
- Achieving Goals – The Bridge Model
MODULE 4: Build on Listening Ability
- Create empathy with the customer and work towards listening skills
- The crucial role of active listening
- Understand the different levels of listening
- The components of good listening
- Conflict Management – The Best Approach
MODULE 5: Communicate Positively
- Create importance of Communication as a two-way medium
- Work towards building the skill for communicating effectively
- Types of Communication
- The advantages of communication
- Filters to Communication
- Barriers to communication and working towards overcoming them
MODULE 6: Understand the customer language and build relationships
- Importance of non-verbal communication
- Learn the right body language to interact with customers
- Create a positive first impression
- Create positive energy when interacting
- Learn the use of the right gestures, actions, and styles of body language
MODULE 7: Identify the customer needs and different kinds of customers
- Understand your customer’s needs
- The 3 Main Types of Customers
- Enhance the Customer Service Experience
- How can you customise your interaction?
- Systematic Probing and Creative Questioning
- Recognize the different customer behaviours
MODULE 8: Know their personalities
- Know the personality style of self and customer
- Understand and learn different personalities and behaviours
- Identify & adapt to other personality styles
- Flex your conversations to match the personality of the other
MODULE 9: Learn the Complaint Resolution Structure
- Complaint resolution is critical to understand
- Categories of complaints
- Create a structure to deal with conflicts and complaints
- Complaint and conflict resolutions – Case Studies
MODULE 10: Go beyond the basics – Build your brand value
- Building your brand value
- Create trust, respect and loyalty
- 6 ways to go above and beyond for your customer