Why Root Cause Analysis Training? because an organisation faces many issues with regard to its processes, quality, efficiency, etc. Under these circumstances, root cause analysis is undertaken before defining the corrective action that could be short-term, long-term or both.
What is root cause analysis? Root cause analysis is one of the quality improvement approaches undertaken by organisations to identify, understand and resolve root causes of problems and incidents. To be described broadly, it is a problem-solving technique.
The process of root cause analysis involves adoption and application of a series of well-known techniques, which is used in different ways, can produce systematic, quantifiable and documented approaches to identifying, understanding and resolving underlying causes of under-achieved quality in organisations.
Root cause analysis training helps eliminate challenging problems, prevent issue recurrence, achieve significant return on investment, create a culture of logical problem solving, foster effective goal setting, help improve communication and facilitate better planning, clearer thinking and faster fault resolution.
This Zoe training course will empower you with detailed knowledge and understanding of root cause analysis. This, in turn, will help you undertake critical senior roles in your organisation, thus facilitating career growth and progression.
This Root Cause Analysis Training Certification Course will also contribute to better decision-making and strategic skills as you will learn to make decisions only after considering all aspects and checking all available information and facts.
The knowledge and skill gained through this course will be helpful for you in any sphere of work, beyond your current organisation and industry.
The main objective of this Root Cause Analysis Training Certification Course is to empower professionals with—
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of root cause analysis
- the required confidence, skill and perspective to consider all aspects and information in a systematic manner before taking decisions or next steps
- the necessary confidence and experience to train other professionals on root cause analysis
- the ability and capabilities to undertake critical roles and responsibilities regarding identifying issues across the organisation, studying them and devising next steps accordingly
- better decision-making and strategic skills because of more information and data available to back the decision
- the ability to resolve a problem permanently, preventing recurrence, and thus focusing the team’s and organisation’s energies on the right things
- a sense of pride to contribute to organisational growth and success by preventing error recurrence, thereby increasing the quality and efficiency of the organisation
- the required skillset, confidence and experience to undertake any role or responsibility across any organisation or industry
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions can be customised according to the training audience to increase relevance. The training is delivered through lectures by a highly experienced professional from the relevant domain.
The practical aspect of training is conducted by assigning sample projects and assignments or problem statements for trainees to work. Trainees are also encouraged to share related experiences and issues they face in their organisations, and these are discussed in detail to encourage and help trainees relate real experiences and practical scenarios to the training content.
The above format of training is a model adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this Root Cause Analysis Training Certification Course, organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained and experienced professionals to undertake detailed and accurate root cause analyses for issues and problems being faced by the organisation
- Better decision making as a result of detailed analysis of issues, causes and next steps
- Reduced error rate as recurring errors are avoided
- Increased efficiency and quality because lesser time is spent in rectifying repetitive errors
- Regular training of other employees on best practices of root cause analysis, at no additional cost
- Closer scrutiny and review of existing process and protocols as well as issues to define a systematic way of addressing errors permanently
- Organisational growth and development because of increased efficiency and quality
- Reduction in costs incurred due to major errors or issues
- Significant return on investment because of better error management
- Effective goal setting and strategy definition
Professionals undertaking this Root Cause Analysis Training Certification Course will derive the following benefits:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of root cause analysis
- Better decision making and strategic skills because of a structured and systematic way to look at and address issues
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on root cause analysis
- Greater confidence, understanding and experience to undertake critical roles and responsibilities within the organisation, thus fostering future growth and progression
- Greater ability and capabilities to prevent recurrence of an issue by closely scrutinising the issue and its causes and devising the next steps to prevent any further recurrence of the problem
- Enhanced skillset, exposure and experience to contribute to organisational growth and development through increased efficiency and quality
- Adequate capabilities and abilities to save unnecessary costs and expenses incurred by the organisation in case of recurring issues
- Better perspective and strategic skills to contribute to more effective goal setting and strategic planning
Who Should Attend?
- All functional managers and leaders of the organisation whose role would entail regular root cause analysis and planning
- Top management of the organisation who need to understand the importance of training employees on root cause analysis
- Internal and external auditors who need to identify issues and confirm their existing root cause analyses along with corrective next steps to prevent occurrence
- Any professional in the organisation whose role involves decision making in case of errors
- Any other professional who would like to know more about root cause analysis
The Root Cause Analysis Training Certification Course covers the following topics regarding root cause analysis:
Module 1 – Purpose of Root Cause Analysis
- Part of policy and organisational goals
- Providing long-term improvement
- Powerful vehicle for training people
- High return investment for eliminating fire-fighting
- Regulatory requirement
Module 2 – Elements of Root Cause Analysis
- Management systems
Module 3 – Steps in Root Cause Analysis
- Initiate problem selection
- Define problem statement
- Identify possible causes
- Implement corrective actions
- Analyse effectiveness
- Update procedures
- Check and control
Module 4 – Approaches to Root Cause Analysis
- Events and causal factor analysis
- Change analysis
- Barrier analysis
- Management oversight and risk tree analysis
- Kepner–Tregoe problem solving and decision making
- Situation analysis
- Problem analysis
- Solution analysis
- Potential problem analysis
Module 5 – Root Cause Analysis Techniques
- The 5 Whys
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Cause and escape point
- Fault tree analysis
- Nominal group technique
- Pareto analysis
- Poka-yoke (Mistake proofing)
- Failure mode and effects analysis
Module 6 – Types of Root Cause Analysis in Different Domains/Sectors
Module 7 – Benefits of Root Cause Analysis
- Eliminate challenging, costly problems
- Prevent problem recurrence
- Achieve significant return on investment
- Create workplace culture of logical problem analysis
- Effective goal setting
- Improved communication
- Better planning
- Clearer thinking
- Swifter fault resolution
Module 8 – Challenges to Root Cause Analysis
- Solutions not implemented as action items undone
- Lack of visibility leading to incorrect prioritisation
- Communication breakdown leading to repetitive, redundant root cause analyses
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.