This workshop teaches the technical aspects of a Strategy-centric organisation. The methods of training applied will help participants use and understand analysis techniques and models to become more target focused in their measurements of performance. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
- By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits and importance of a Strategy Focused Organization (SFO)
- Develop a SWOT analysis, vision and mission statements and strategic goals for their organization or department
- Use SMART objectives and KPIs to track the performance and productivity at all levels in their organizations
- Apply the approach of best-in-class benchmarking technique to set targets for each KPI
- Design a balanced scorecard based on the Kaplan and Norton model
Benefits of Strategic Management and Planning
- The Strategy Focused Organization (SFO)
- The Importance of the Balanced Scorecard
- Strategic Planning Needs and Benefits
- A Strategic Planning Model
SWOT Analysis, Vision and Mission Statements
- The Purpose of a SWOT Analysis
- SWOT in Brief
- Linking the Results of the SWOT Findings to Future Objectives and Initiatives
- Definition of Vision and Mission Statements
Developing Performance Measures and Control Systems
- Goals, Objectives, and Targets
- SMART Objectives
- Developing Strategies
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Units of Measures (UOMs)
- Aligning KPIs to Company Strategy
- Obstacles to Measurement
- Objectives and Basics
- Who, What and Why of Benchmarking
- Different Methods of Benchmarking
- The Benchmarking Process
Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System
- Strategic Planning and Strategy Execution
- Reasons Behind Failures of Well Formulated Strategies
- Translating the Vision to Everyday Actions
- Importance and History of the Balanced Scorecard
- The Premise Behind the Balanced Scorecard
- Principles of the Strategy-Focused Organization
- Measuring Business Strategy from Financial, Customer, Internal/Business/Process and Learning and Growth Perspectives
- Strategic Alignment and Goal Setting
- Linking the Balanced Scorecard KPIs to Strategy
- Strategy Map: Specifying Relationships and Making them Testable
- Soft, Hard, Leading and Lagging KPIs
- The Importance of Initiatives
- Evaluating Initiatives
- Managing Initiatives
- Cascading the Balanced Scorecard
- Implementing a Balanced Scorecard Program
- Reporting Results
Who should Attend?
All managers and supervisors, especially those involved in improving performance and measuring results.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.