Today’s leaders have a lot more responsibility on their shoulders, especially with the increasing uncertainty of these times. They need to focus on what will navigate their business through the obstacles of time, towards successful returns.
This Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course offers guidance to any leader who wants to make smart decisions about important components like new business strategies, succession planning, and the utilisation of human capital to support and nurture their business.
The course focuses on strategic management, which develops the skills behind strategic thinking and developing good leadership strategies to support the strategic planning function.
It discusses how a leader takes on the responsibilities of implementing new strategies and developing their human assets to support the company. This training course is the facilitator towards implementing a successful strategic plan in the real world.
How does this “Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course” help its participants overall? This training course will help its participants define and implement organisational strategies for themselves, their team, and their organisation.
Working from an initial understanding of their own capabilities, motivators, and resources, it will build an action plan to motivate themselves and those around them, leading their teams towards common futuristic goals in a dynamic world.
This Zoe training course will empower you with the opportunity to develop and enhance the skills needed for strategic leadership while grooming strategic leaders and the embedding the process of strategic thinking in its participants’ minds.
Upon completing this Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course successfully, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between leadership, management, influence, and power
- Understand the leader’s role in implementing change
- Examine their own personality and behaviours to enhance self-awareness
- Review leadership styles and practice – identifying overlaps and differences
- Harness the team’s ability to innovate
- Develop and motivate the team for optimum performance
- Evaluate how leaders impact culture and climate
- Understand how leaders navigate change, strategy, and innovation
- Understand and harness cultural differences
This collaborative Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course will comprise the following training methods:
- Seminars & Presentations
- Group Discussions
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
Like all our training programs, this courses also follows the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply’ model.
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course can benefit in the following ways:
- Gain from a clear understanding of the internal and external factors that will determine your company’s success
- Address individual leadership journeys that give you the skills to engage within your company and lead change in your organisation
- Leave with concrete plans and actions to implement at your workplace
- Enhance the performance of individuals, teams, and overall business-units
Individuals who participate in this Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course can gain from it in the following ways:
- Prepare yourself to play a key role in keeping your company ahead by studying high-impact strategy management.
- Gain the relevant analytical and leadership skills to develop and implement business strategies
- Sharpen your leadership skills to meet at the challenges of strategy execution, and lead your team and organisation to realise your goals
Who Should Attend?
This Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course would be suitable for:
- Those who may be moving into supervisory or managerial positions
- Any professional who is engaged in the functions of:
- strategic planning
- developing new strategies of how to use their resources wisely
- leading change initiatives required to make their organisation a success
- All professionals and leaders from any industry who desire in-depth knowledge of best practices in advanced management and leadership
- Senior leaders who aim to share and enhance their strategic capabilities further
- Heads of departments, managers, supervisors, change agents and sponsors
- Anyone who is interested in developing their capacity as a strategic leader/coach
- Those seeking a refresher to enhance their leadership and management skills
MODULE 1: STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
- What is strategic leadership?
- Why do we need strategic leaders?
- The modern business environment
- What does a strategic leader do?
MODULE 2: LEADERSHIP AND PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Leadership and its context
- Self-perception and self-awareness
- Personality, values & behaviour
- Personal transformation
- Path dependency
- Personal style & style flexibility
MODULE 3: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- What is leadership development?
- Why bother?
- Organisational factors
- Leadership and competencies
- How are leaders developed?
MODULE 4: THE EVOLUTION OF STRATEGIC PLANNING AND STRATEGIC THINKING
- Strategic thinking in business
- Different conceptual frameworks for strategic thinking
- Commonalities between different approaches to developing and implementing a strategy
- Articulate your current strategic conceptual framework
MODULE 5: CORE LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Leader or manager?
- Influence, authority, and power
- Emotions, mood & disposition
- Communication and its part in leadership
- Goal congruence and alignment
MODULE 6: LEADERSHIP AND CHANGE
- History of change
- Different approaches to change
- Models of the change process
- Individual reaction to change
- Politics of change
MODULE 7: BELBIN’S APPROACH
- Margerison-McCann team management wheel
- Time or phase-based models
- Team mental model
- Distributed leadership
MODULE 8: CULTURAL DIFFERENCE & LEADERSHIP
- Definitions of culture
- Corporate, team and national culture
- Norms, rules, and cultures
- When cultures clash: leadership responses
- Harnessing cultural differences for innovation
- Learning from different cultures
MODULE 9: STRATEGIES FOR GROWTH, PROFITABILITY AND VALUE CREATION
- Growth vs. profitability in public and private sector organisations
- Key factors that differentiate strategic success vs. failure
- Action plans for strategic initiatives and performance management
- Achievement of strategic initiatives with changes
- Drivers for strategic change
- Using insights from past experiences to support strategic change
MODULE 10: ENGAGING YOUR ORGANISATION IN STRATEGIC THINKING
- Ask strategic questions: align your work to the organisation’s strategic initiatives
- Formulate strategic hypotheses
- Explore futuristic strategic conversations
MODULE 11: HOW A LEADER BUILDS TRUST AND FOLLOWERS
- Benefits of a high trust environment
- How trust can lead to a competitive edge
- Coaching, delegation, and reverse delegation for empowerment
- People development and managing your own time and results
- Case-study: Negotiating agreements using principles of effective negotiation
MODULE 12: HOW A LEADER USES COMMUNICATION TO GAIN INFLUENCE
- Building your story and personal charisma
- The science of influence and how to use it
- Advanced rapport, language, and communication skills
- How to win friends and influence people above you
- Case-study: Building stakeholder engagement
MODULE 13: HOW A LEADER INFLUENCES PEOPLE THROUGH MOTIVATION
- The motivating leader for a ‘millennial’ workforce
- The science to motivate yourself and others
- Expectancy theory and how an effective leader creates an environment for self-motivation
- Personal roadmap to leadership
MODULE 14: DEFINING EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP IN TODAY’S WORLD
- The challenge to lead in today’s modern organisation
- Lessons learned from today’s leaders
- Leadership styles in modern organisations
- Case-study: Leaders eat last
- Self-assessment: Leadership behaviours