This HR Planning Skills training workshop will help you improve your HR planning skills. Each session deals with analysing, extracting and applying best practices for optimum success in the planning process.
The HR Planning Skills training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the HR Planning Skills training program, participants will be able to:
- Define competencies, their history and the important role they play in Human Resources and the organization
- Analyse the main components of competency and the differences between each
- Extract competencies from business plans and apply the steps needed in designing competency frameworks and models
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes
- Use competencies for identifying training needs, talent pools and succession plans
- Utilize competencies and behavioural indicators in performance appraisal systems
Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions in HR
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
- Recruitment and Selection Cycle
- Training and Development Cycle
- Performance Management Cycle
- Compensation and Benefits Cycle
Competencies: History and Definitions
- History, Origins and Definitions
- Components: Differences between Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- The Iceberg Model
- Competence versus Competency
Frameworks and Models
- Types of Competencies
- Standard Levels of Competence
- The Use of Behavioural Indicators
- Behavioural versus Performance Indicators
- Level Customization
Competency Job Profiles versus Job Descriptions
- Competency Job Profiles and Personal Profiles
- Competency Gap Analysis
- Extracting Competencies from Strategic Plans
- Introduction to HR Strategies, Vision and Mission Statements
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Result Areas
- Core Competencies
- Core Values
- Defining Job Requirements
- Designing and Conducting Competency-Based Interviews
- Competency-Based Selection
Competencies in Training and Development
- Classical Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Competency-Based TNAs
- Competencies in Succession Planning
Competency-Based Appraisal Systems
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Translating Personal Competence to an Appraisal Rating: The Main Formula
Who Should Attend?
HR Planning Skills training can be attended by Managers, superintendents, supervisors and officers in the functions of Human Resources and/or Training and Development, line managers whose organization is currently, or about to start, using competencies as a framework for recruiting, selecting and training employees.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.