Negotiations being one of the most crucial areas of contract finalisation, impacting ,cost, targets and above all, relationships, this training program upskills each participant in the ability to negotiate commendably and acquire the best deals in any given situation. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of developing a solid scope of work and the implications of failing to do so
- Decide when to negotiate
- Plan and conduct several contract-related negotiations
- Use communication and planning skills that will allow reaching a win-win outcome
- Successfully negotiate contractual claims and change orders
- Principles of Contracts
- Elements of a Contract
- Purpose of Contracting
- Problems in Negotiating a Contract
- Stages in Contract Development
- Contracting Plans / Strategies
- Contracting Methods
- When to Negotiate and When to Tender
- Negotiating Principles
- Concept of Negotiation
- Secrets of Successful Negotiation
- Competitive and Collaborative Negotiation
- The Negotiating Style Profile
- Characteristics of a Skilled Negotiator
- Principled Negotiation (The Harvard Model)
- Separating People from Problem
- Focusing on Interests Not Positions
- Inventing Options
- Using Objective Criteria
- The Contract Negotiation Process
- Approaches for Contract Negotiation
- Negotiation Structured Approach
- Planning the Negotiation
- Conducting the Negotiation
- Post Negotiation Actions
- Negotiating the Scope
- Defining the Scope of Work
- Must and Want Criteria
- Modes of Negotiating the Scope of Work
- Contract Provisions
- Terms and Conditions
- Value for Money
- Making and Accepting Concessions
- Post Award Negotiation
- Contract Award
- Variation Orders and Change Management
- Claims and Disputes
- Sources of Claims and Change Orders
- Payment Terms
- Disputes and Dispute Resolutions
- Negotiation Strategies and Tactics
- Win-Win Strategic Guidelines
- Tools for Negotiation Preparation
- Tactics and Counter Tactics
- Dos and Don’ts
- Strategy for Negotiation
- During the Negotiation
- After the Negotiation
Who should Attend?
Those involved in contract and/or business related negotiations, individuals involved in negotiating the procurement of goods and/or services, manpower and different types of material or supplies.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.