This training course is constructed with the viewpoint of enabling all participants to successfully create achievable GOALS and achieve them effectively. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the critical managerial and supervisory functions of planning, scheduling and control.
- Utilize the planning cycle for effective results.
- Apply planning techniques to allocate budgets and resources and to schedule projects.
- Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets to control results.
- Manage and control resistance to change.
Foundation of Planning
What is Planning?
- Benefits of Planning
- Planning and Performance
- Types of Plans
- Types of Goals
- Characteristics of Well-Designed Goals
- Approaches to Establishing Goals: Management By Objectives (MBO)
- Planning in the Hierarchy of Organizations
- Planning Tools and Techniques
- Environmental Scanning
- Forecasting and Forecasting Techniques
- Benchmarking Definition
- The Benchmarking Process
- Allocating Resources and Budgets
- The Breakeven Analysis
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Definition of a Project
- Applications of Standard Times
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling Using PERT, Gantt and Load Charts
- Steps in Developing a PERT Network
- Forward and Backward Scheduling
- Finding the Critical Path
- Control and Performance Measurement
- What Is Control and Why Is It Important?
- The Planning/Controlling Link
- The Control Process
- Sources of Information for Measuring Performance
- Managerial Decisions in the Control Process
- Organizational Performance Measures
- Feedforward/Concurrent/Feedback Controls
- Information Controls/Balanced Scorecards
- Contemporary Issues in Control
- Managing and Controlling Resistance to Change
- Forces for Change
- Force Field Analysis
- The 10 Principles of Change
- Five Managerial Activities Essential to Managing Change
Who should Attend?
Department heads, superintendents and supervisors who need to develop their ability to plan, organize and control their unit.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.