Teams excel because effective teams usually produce first-rate results. High-performing teams exhibit accountability, purpose, cohesiveness, and collaboration. Learn how to make your team one such team! The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the training program, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the teambuilding process (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing)
- Explain the four basic behavioural styles and how to manage each Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Rephrase blunt wording for better communication
- Identify team strengths and opportunities for improvement
Joining Forces: What Makes a Team
- This training begins with a discussion of what makes a successful team and where the participants’
teams may be falling short
The Communication Jungle: Understanding Different Communication Styles
- Unit two focuses on Business Training Works’ signature diagnostic tool, The Communication Jungle,
with which participants learn to identify their own behavioral styles and those of their teammates in order to adjust for better communication This session is beneficial to all who wish to work better with different kinds of people
Beyond Hearing: A Model for Better Listening
- This component of the training exposes participants to a method for improving their listening skills
- They will learn how to focus on the speaker, empathize with what is being said, analyse the message, and respond appropriately They will engage in several rounds of practice listening during which they will pinpoint their biggest challenges for additional instruction
Better Questions, Better Answers: Skills for Eliciting Communication
- Many people can have an entire conversation without asking a single question, Unfortunately, they
often miss the point, miss facts, or miss an opportunity to communicate that they really understand the speaker This segment focuses on how to ask open-ended and closed questions and when to use each for better team communication
It’s Not What You Say: Rephrasing for Better Relationships
- The lesson in the saying “it’s not what you say but how you say it” is one that takes some people
years to learn In this portion of the program, participants will learn how to use language so that it
will be better received in conversations and in writing Special emphasis is placed on learning to say
“no” in ways that reduce conflict and eliminate phrases such as “that’s not my job” and “I don’t know”
Difficult Personalities and Difficult Situations: Dealing with Challenges
- This section looks at ways to deal effectively with difficult personalities and tough situations From
“negaholism” to backstabbers and whiners to minimal contributors, participants will discuss better ways in which to communicate and manage relationships with those whose actions make the process hard
Lost In Space: Teambuilding Survival Skills
- Both fun and insightful, the program’s final lesson includes a simulation game in which a team is
stranded in space with limited oxygen and supplies Together, they must determine what items to select while waiting to be rescued During this activity, participants focus on negotiation and listening skills Furthermore, they discover that group consensus can lead to a better conclusion than choices made by individuals
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.