During this Team Roles & Dynamics course, delegates will explore key principles and techniques in a risk-free environment that will help them develop a winning formula with their teams.
High-Performance Teams always look for ways to improve their business performance, which distinctly separates them from others. Open and effective communication is one of the central keys to successfully leading these teams.
The Team Roles & Dynamics training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
By the end of the Team Roles & Dynamics training program, delegates will be able:
- To clearly identify the principal characteristics of high performing teams
- To provide a powerful platform on which delegates can build and develop effective team leadership skills
- To explore the different team leadership styles and learn the team role preferences of delegates
- To examine the skills required for effective communication within teams
- To analyse the qualities required to lead a team towards consistent levels of high performance
- What Is ‘High Performance’?
- What Are the Characteristics That Make ‘High Performing Teams’ Different from Other Teams?
- Defining Leadership
- The Behaviours, Skills, Qualities, Etc., needed to Lead a High-Performance Team
- Managing Vs Leading
- Practical Examples of Leadership in Action
- Redefining – What Can We Do Better?
- Action-Centred Leadership
- How Teams Are Formed
- Creating an Environment for High Performance
- A Clear Sense of Purpose
- Goals & Objectives
- Setting Goals & Objectives
- Benefits of Objective Setting
- Difficulties Associated with Objective Setting
- SMART(ER) Objectives
- A Reminder of the Characteristics of High-Performance Teams
- Where Is Your Team Focused?
- A Closer Look at Communication
- The Communication Process
- The First Impressions
- Active Listening
- Overcoming The Barriers to Effective Communication
- Good Questioning Techniques
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- A Formula for Giving Feedback
- How to Delegate
- Levels of Delegation
- Understanding Motivation & Demotivation
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.