This training program will help you build confidence and skills for handling telephone calls more professionally. The course covers professional telephone techniques and call handling etiquette, with an emphasis on customer service. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of this training course, the participants will have:
- Practised answering and making telephone calls in a professional manner
- The required information to accurately respond to the customer’s call
- Built rapport and satisfied the customers need quickly and efficiently
- Constructively responded to a customer’s concern or complaint
The importance of professional telephone skills -Importance of professional telephone techniques to the business
- Benefits of professional telephone etiquette
- Small group exercise and facilitated group discussion
Telephone communication challenges -The challenges of telephone communication
- Role of non-verbal communication
- Building rapport and gathering information
- Small group practical exercises, facilitated group discussion
Answering the telephone -Telephone guidelines when handling a call
- The verbal handshake
- Putting callers on hold, transferring callers
- Group exercise, demonstration, presentation and facilitated group discussion
Communication skills to handle inquiries -Effective listening techniques
- Questioning techniques
- Recording information
- Using positive language and taking ownership of call
- Closing the call
- Small group practical exercises, presentation and group discussion
Communicating with customers with different communication styles -Recognising different communication challenges
- Main characteristics of communication styles
- Recognising your own communication preferences
- Adjusting to other styles of communication
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and group review, group exercises
Handling customer concerns and objections -Pre-empting customers’ most frequent concerns
- Responding to customer concerns and objections
- Small group exercise, pairs practical activity, group review discussion
Handling customer complaints -Handling emotional responses
- Responding to the complainant
- Escalating the complaint
- Small group exercise, facilitator tips, pairs practice session and group discussion
Reviewing the learning and next steps -Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who are responsible for answering the telephone and making calls on behalf of their organisation and who are the first point of contact for their customers and suppliers.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.