Most contracts in an organisation are created by the tender process. Offers are invited by the organisation for the tender process from a number of competent contractors to carry out
the intended works. This process facilitates the organisation to select a suitable contractor and it equally helps contractors to understand the specific requirements of the works and the risks involved in carrying out the same.
In order for the organisation to select a suitable contractor and to successfully carry out the works, he should focus on appropriate tendering procedures, procurement strategy and contractual arrangements.
It is essential to prepare proper tender documents, which generally contain the bill of quantities, drawings, specifications, the programme of works and conditions of the contract.
The process to select a suitable contract and amend the same, as required is an important component at the tender stage. Subsequent to the submission of offers by various bidders, the selection of the contractor will be made based on careful analysis and evaluation and the successful bidder will be awarded the contract and the contract document will be signed between two parties.
Contract document is an agreement between the organisation and the contractor to execute the works as specified in the tender documents as per conditions of the contract on the price submitted by the contractor.
This course will provide a holistic education/training to the delegates for the best practice in dealing with the formation of contracts, tendering procedures, procurement strategy, contractual arrangements and contract award.
In order to understand the organisation’s requirements and for a successful end product, it is essential for all the developers, contractors, consultants to train their employees on the procedures involved in the Tendering and Contracts formation and awarding.
Zoe Talent Solutions have designed this module in an easier way to understand all the approaches involved in the selection of appropriate tender and procurement.
Upon completing this Tendering and Contracts Course successful y, participants will be able to:
- Gain a better understanding of the appropriate tendering and procurement selection
- Improve their strategy for suitable procurement and contractual arrangements
- Gain sufficient knowledge in preparing the tender and contract documents including amending the contract
- Effectively apply the tendering and procurement techniques in dealing with high-risk projects and provide a suitable solution for organisation requirement
- Understand the importance of standard forms of contracts and their impact on the selection of appropriate contract types
- Gain a better understanding of the examination and analysis of tenders
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with the parties during the tender selection process
At Zoe Talent Solutions, we take a special interest in understanding the learning needs of our participants. We carefully customise our courses to meet every learning expectation so that our participants feel empowered to take on new opportunities at their workplace.
We consider case studies around Tendering and Contracts for our participants to have practical experience in applying the learnings from the course. Audio/Visual presentations, problem-solving exercises, group discussions, assessments and simulations are also considered to effectively present the course topics.
Zoe Talent Solutions’ follows it’s unique training model of Do–Review–Learn–Apply.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this Tendering and Contracts Course will benefit in the following ways:
- Get best practices in the formation of contracts
- Select a suitable contractor and successfully carry out the works
- Apply appropriate tendering procedures, procurement strategy and contractual arrangements
- Careful analysis and evaluation of the bidding process
Professionals attending this Tendering and Contracts Course will benefit in the following ways:
- Become an expert in preparing proper tender and contract documents
- Master the process to select a suitable contractor and make amendments in the contract when necessary
- End to end knowledge and practical training experience on Tendering and Contracts
Who Should Attend?
This Tendering and Contracts Training Course would be suitable for:
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Resident Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Bid Managers
- Contractors and Sub-contractors
- Cost Controllers
- Company Executives
MODULE 1: Formation of Contracts
- The meaning of Contracts
- Formation of Contracts by Agreement
- Contracts made by Tender
- Choosing the appropriate types of Contracts
- Identifying and choosing suitable Procurement Method
MODULE 2: Different Forms of Contracts
- Use of Standard Contracts
- FIDIC Contracts (Main Contract, EPC Turn Key, Short Form, Subcontract)
- Selection of suitable Form of Contract
MODULE 3: Types of Procurement Methods
- Traditional Procurement
- Design and Build Procurement
- Management Procurement
- Collaborative Procurement
- Selection of Appropriate Procurement Route
MODULE 4: Tender Documents
- Invitation to Tender
- Conditions of Contract
- Bill of Quantities
- Specification, Schedule of Works
MODULE 5: Tender Methods
- Principle of good practice in Tendering
- Purpose of Tendering
- Factors to consider in the selection of Tender
- Types of Tender
MODULE 6: Tender Selection Procedure
- Prequalification of bidders
- Invitation to Tender
- Tender Documentation
- Tender Queries, Addendums, Notices
- Tender Submissions
MODULE 7: Examining and Analysing of Tenders
- Examination of Tenders
- Tender checklists
- Technical and commercial analysis
- Dealing with errors
- Reporting on Tender
MODULE 8: Post Tender Procedures
- Notifying and Negotiation
- The Contract Documents
- Contract Award