This training program works as an exemplary aid in helping you build tactful negotiation skills and techniques, bringing you highly effective results each time. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Prepare and manage effective negotiations
- Employ the concessions management process with minimum loss while preserving good relationships with the counter party
- Assess their own negotiating strengths and weaknesses and those of the other side
- Use a range of negotiating tactics and master the rule of halves
- Achieve long-lasting and mutually profitable agreements on a timely-basis
- Prepare and manage team negotiation
What Negotiation Is Really All About
- The Many Faces of a Negotiation
- Some Negotiation Philosophies
- Historical Retrospectives on Negotiation
- The Reasons Behind the Urge for Being a Good Negotiator as a Business Entrepreneur
- Persuasion versus Negotiation
- The Stages of Persuasion
Setting the Stage and the Face-To-Face
- Establishing Good Rapport with the Other Party
- Understanding Your Own Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Characteristics of a Good Negotiator
- The Five Stages of the Negotiation Process
- Barriers to Effective Negotiation
- The PROBE Negotiation Technique
- How to Develop Negotiation Skills
- Getting Ready to Negotiate (BATNA, MLATNA, WATNA)
- Identifying Your Conflict Negotiation Style
Sales and Commercial Negotiation at Work
- Selling versus Negotiating
- The Buyer’s Decision Process
- The SPIN Questioning Strategy (Uncovering Needs)
- Influencing the Customer’s Choice
- Understanding How People Make Choices
- Influencing Decision Criteria
- The Concept of “Hard” and “Soft” Differentiators
- Addressing and Overcoming the Customer’s Final Fears
The Critical Rules of Negotiation
- Different Levels of Negotiation Rules
- The Importance of Preparing “The Envelope of Negotiation”
- How to Prepare “The Envelope of Negotiation”
- Mastering the “Rule of Halves” during the Negotiation Process
- Setting a Concession-Making Timeline
- Defining and Sorting Negotiable Issues and Creating Alternatives
- Developing Contingencies
- Measuring Your Negotiation Relative Outcomes Using a Grade Point Average
- The Most Common Negotiating Mistakes
Team Negotiation and Negotiation Tactics
- Team Leadership
- Choosing Your Negotiating Team
- Advanced Negotiation Tactics
Who Should Attend?
Marketing and sales professionals, corporate executives, advertising managers, business development managers, sales personnel, and others who are involved in commercial and negotiation activities at all levels of the organization.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.