What does TILOS denote? TILOS stands for Time Location System mostly employed for scheduling linear projects. It is a robust scheduling software for linear infrastructure projects that combine time and distance into a single graphical view.
It helps planning engineers in construction and civil engineering organisations plan and manage linear construction projects such as rail, roads, bridges, pipelines, power cabling, canal and tunnels. TILOS visually displays project plans in time and distance. It can exchange data with other scheduling systems like Primavera P3, MS Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.
The method used by the software is referred to the linear scheduling method, march chart, time chainage, line balance or French diagram. The software, like any other, undergoes enhancements and developments from time to time.
This Zoe training course will empower you with in-depth understanding, knowledge and experience of working with TILOS. By undertaking this course, you will gain the experience, skill and confidence to independently handle any linear construction project for your organisation or client organisation(s). The expertise and skillset gained through this course will invite more opportunities for demonstrating your potential and talent, in turn fostering growth and development through higher roles and responsibilities. Since TILOS is used by many organisations, this course will also build your competency to work with any other organisation of your choice, increasing avenues for career movement or progression.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed information, knowledge and experience of TILOS
- the skillset and confidence to effectively utilise all features of TILOS for managing linear construction projects successfully, thus demonstrating skill and talent and fostering career progression through higher roles and responsibilities
- the required knowledge and confidence to train other professionals to use TILOS for successful project execution and completion
- the ability and capability to work on any construction project using TILOS, thus increasing avenues for job opportunities
- the confidence and skillset to successfully plan and manage linear construction projects using TILOS, end-to-end, taking responsibility and using the software optimally at each step, thereby increasing the project success rate and hence organisational growth
- the ability to contribute to increased client satisfaction as a result of timely project completion as per defined objectives
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions can be customised as per the training audience. Before each session, the course is thoroughly reviewed to check and make amendments, if necessary. Lectures are delivered by a highly experienced professional, using simple-yet-useful audio-visual presentations for reference.
Trainee participation is encouraged through group activities, competitions, projects, etc. Trainees are also assigned a sample project to plan and complete using TILOS. Relevant case studies are discussed to help trainees relate theoretical content to practical scenarios.
This course follows a unique, innovative and successful model defined by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this course, organisations will benefit as follows:
- Application and optimal use of TILOS for planning and managing linear construction projects
- Training of other professionals to use TILOS for effective linear construction project planning and management, at no additional cost
- Easy and convenient exchange of data between TILOS and other scheduling software such as MS Project, Primavera P3, etc.
- Increased rate of successful project planning and completion resulting in increased credibility for the organisation
- Organisation growth because of more successful projects and increased credibility
- Increased client satisfaction because of on-time completion of construction projects
- Combination of features of a drawing program and a project management system for effective and successful project planning and management
By enrolling for the course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and experience of planning and managing linear construction projects using TILOS
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other professionals to work with TILOS for linear construction projects
- Increased skillset to achieve higher project success, resulting in organisational growth and development and demonstration of talent and potential, leading to career progression
- A sense of pride to contribute to client satisfaction because of on-time project delivery
- Enhanced skill set and capabilities to work on TILOS for managing projects of any complexity and in any organisation, thus increasing opportunities and avenues to move to any other organisation
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and engineers responsible for planning, managing and closing projects within the organisation
- Project planners and schedulers specifically responsible for setting out the project plan in terms of timelines and activities
- Senior management of civil engineering and construction organisations who need to understand the importance and benefits of TILOS
- Other stakeholders involved in a project or managing smaller projects within their departments
- Any other professional who would like to know more about TILOS
The TILOS Software Training course covers the following topics regarding TILOS :
Module 1 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Usability
- Auto scrolling
- Multiple instances
Module 2 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Architecture
- Speed enhancements
- Tables and lists
- Drag and drop
Module 3 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Explorer View
- Project data
Module 4 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Data Exchange
- General enhancements
- MS Project
Module 5 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Mass Haulage
- Mass diagram
- Haulage planning
Module 6 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Controlling Features
Module 7 – TILOS Enhanced Feature – Gantt Chart Output
- Grouping and sorting
- Print to multiple pages
- Hide bars panel
Module 8 – TILOS Enhanced Features – Others
- Work breakdown structure
- Duration display
- Distance profiles
- Line styles
- Time–Distance view
- Cell wizard
- Multi subprojects
Module 9 – TILOS ProgressMap
- View to the earth
- Adding the geometry
- Adding the schedule
- Adding the configuration
- Progress table
Module 10 – Scales and Profiles
- Time scales
- Distance scales
- Distance profiles
- Speed profiles
Module 11 – Tasks
- Types of objects
- Task creation
- Activity display types
- Task calculation
- Task editing
Module 12 – Calendars
- Creating calendars
- Assigning calendars to tasks
- Assigning calendars to cells
Module 13 – Task Groups
- Linking tasks
- Creating milestones
- Stationary tasks
- Distance lags
Module 14 – Logos and Legends
- Object linking and embedding (OLE) objects
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.