What is total quality management (TQM)? Total quality management (TQM) is a customer-oriented process that aims for continuous improvement of business operations.
It ensures that all employees and their work align to common goals of improving product or service quality, showing continuous enhancement and improvement through continuous feedback.
Strong support and commitment from the management is a key factor and principle that could influence the success of implementing a TQM system in the organisation.
Further, employee involvement in the process and effective, transparent communication help successfully establish and manage the TQM system.
The entire TQM system implementation process is divided into phases, namely the planning phase, doing phase, checking phase and acting phase. Successful implementation of a TQM system will be possible only by training employees involved in it.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a complete and detailed understanding and knowledge of total quality management. Since total quality management is a known concept recognised and practised by all departments and organisations. a
The knowledge gained through this Total Quality Management (TQM) Certification training course will help you undertake higher roles and responsibilities related to quality management in any organisation or industry, thereby increasing the scope for our career progression and development.
The main objective of this Total Quality Management (TQM) Certification Course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed knowledge and information about total quality management
- the required skill, understanding and confidence to partake in and play a significant role in the implementation of a total quality management system in the organisation, in turn supporting career growth and progression
- the necessary confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on total quality management
- the ability and knowledge to contribute to organisational growth and development by delivering better quality, following the requirements of clients
- the confidence, experience and understanding to check existing processes and procedures followed within the organisation for adherence to standards set and suggesting changes if required
- the required skillset and capabilities to work with advanced tools and concepts to set up total quality management systems within the organisation
- the knowledge, confidence and experience to work in any organisation or industry in quality management related roles, thereby increasing avenues for career growth and progression
Courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are reviewed before each training session to check relevance to the training audience. The training is delivered by a highly experienced professional from the relevant domain.
Two-way participation is ensured by the trainer through group activities and assignments. Relevant case studies are also discussed to help the trainees relate the training content to practical scenarios.
The trainees are also assigned sample projects during the training. Experiential learning is given utmost importance.
The above format of training is as per Zoe Talent Solutions’ innovative training model called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this Total Quality Management (TQM) Certification Course, organisations will benefit as follows:
- Trained and experienced employees to implement total quality management within the organisation
- Regular training of other employees regarding total quality management
- Regular audits of existing processes and systems to ensure best practice implementation for delivery and maintaining quality across the organisation
- Central system for setting and monitoring standards and levels of quality delivered by all departments within the organisation
- Organisational growth and development through increased quality of product or service
- Use of advanced quality control methods and techniques for measuring and establishing total quality management systems across the organisation
- Reduction in unnecessary costs and defects resulting from the absence of a system for managing quality and setting standards for the same across the organisation
- Increased customer and employee satisfaction because of a better work environment and high-quality product or service delivery
By enrolling for the Total Quality Management (TQM) Certification Course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and understanding of total quality management and its importance to an organisation
- Increased skill, confidence and experience to partake in establishing a total quality management system within the organisation for ensuring standard quality delivered by all departments
- Increased skill and experience to audit current systems to check for gaps in quality management and delivery, and devise corrective actions and implement systems to handle these
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other employees on total quality management
- Greater skillset and capabilities to play an important part in influencing organisational success by successfully implementing total quality management systems focused on the customer and employee, thus resulting in increased customer and employee satisfaction
- Increased understanding and experience to work with advanced tools and techniques to implement total quality management
- Better skillset and capabilities to successfully undertake responsibilities in any organisation or industry, thus increasing scope and avenues for career growth and progression
Who Should Attend
- Operations managers responsible for managing projects and operations within the organisation
- Quality managers responsible for ensuring adherence to quality standards in terms of operations as well as product and/or service delivery
- Human resource professionals and other stakeholders involved in building a quality-sensitive culture
- Senior leaders of an organisation who need to understand the importance of training employees on total quality management
- Internal and external auditors who need to ensure that the systems set up for quality management are delivering the desired results
- Any other professional who would like to know more about total quality management
The Total Quality Management (TQM) Certification Course covers the following topics regarding total quality management:
Module 1 – Overview of Total Quality Management
- Critical success factors
Module 2 – Principles of Total Quality Management
- Commitment from management
- Employee empowerment
- Continuous improvement
- Customer focus
- Integrated system
- Strategic and systematic approach
- Fact-based decision making
- Effective communication
Module 3 – Phases of Total Quality Management
- Planning phase
- Doing phase
- Checking phase
- Acting phase
Module 4 – Tools for Total Quality Management
- Failure analysis
- PDCA (Plan–do–check–act) cycle
- Process management
- Product design control
- Statistical process control
Module 5 – Elements of Total Quality Management
Module 6 – Benefits of Total Quality Management
- Increased awareness of quality culture organisation-wide
- Special emphasis on teamwork
- Commitment towards continuous improvement
- Cost and defect reduction
- Increased customer satisfaction
Module 7 – Steps to Implement a Total Quality Management System
- Identify the need for change
- Clarify vision and mission with management and employees
- Survey key customer groups
- Identify critical success factors (CSFs)
- Map major processes/sub-processes
- Train and re-train employees
- Develop improvement plan
- Measure and report
Module 8 – Challenges to Total Quality Management
- Constraints by quality culture
- Autocratic style of leadership
- Lack of employee commitment
- Improper channel of communication
- Quality certifications regarded as bureaucratic exercise
- Problems identifying customer needs
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.