The purpose of this course is to assist the participants to develop strategic thinking and utilize strategic financial management methods. It will help them develop business strategies and plans for effective utilization of finances and establishing procedures for making financial decisions.
Who Should Attend?
The ability to comprehend how finance and accounting impact the strategic decision making has become critical for every role at a managerial level in the organization. This course is ideal for financial executives, financial analysts, financial controllers, accountants and other potential professionals active in the strategic planning process. It is also ideal for executives in non-finance roles or in such departments as:
- Human resources
- Sales & Marketing
- Product Development
- Strategic Planners
- Project Management
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Manage Strategic financial analysis with regards to currency risk management and interest rate and present the information in an appropriate pattern
- Associate strategic planning procedures with performance management, cost and budgeting
- Understand the concepts and planning of Financial statements like income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Understand the costs behavior
- Identify and acknowledge the impacts of emerging financial issues
- Apply the strategic practices of financial management
- Link the financial and non-financial elements of strategic decision analysis
- Critically analyze the impact of macro-economics and the role of financial institutions
- Execute the technique of discounted cash flow (DCF) for capital budgeting and analysis of capital project investment using internal rate of return (IRR) and net present value (NPV)
- Assist the goals achievement and objectives with adhoc resource allocation
- Management Systems and Strategic Planning – The link with Business Fundamentals
- Strategy: Definition
- System of strategic management
- Exploring the links between Goals, objectives, Mission and Vision
- Key features of Strategic planning
- The concepts of Actions, business objectives and initiatives : Theory of accounting
- Performance management, Cost and Budgeting to support the strategic decision making methods
- Principles of Financial Statements and association with the budget
- Key features of Financial statements
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Planning and Budgeting: Vital role
- Financial statements for budgeting future
- Cost and Budgeting procedures to support strategic decisions
- Costs and helpful resources to support strategic decisions
- Classifications of expenses to be budgeted
- Variable and fixed expenses
- Contribution margin and equalize analysis
- Indirect and direct costs
- Refining and designing costs systems for decision-making purposes
- The concept of Capital budgeting
- Discounted Cash Flow, present and future values
- Fundamentals of Capital budgeting
- Analyzing capital investment projects
- Payback and Account rate of return (ARR)
- Comparison between Net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR)
- What is the strategy utilized in your organization to pick out and measure projects/investments?
- Financial and non-financial performance measurement
- Acknowledge the concepts of Financial and non-financial KPI’s
- Linking objectives and multiple measures within a balanced dashboard
- Thinking integratively to support strategic decisions
- Connecting risk management with strategic decisions
- Integration of financial and non-financial communication
- Synopsis of the main takeaways from the course
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.