VAT and GST are two basic pillars of indirect taxation across the globe. On the services side, Service Tax/GST is the legislation which governs its levy and assessment. With recent changes, the Service Tax and GST regime has undergone radical transformation. Depending on the nature of the operations and specific applications, Other taxes are applicable to a variety of industries
Knowledge of the Income Tax becomes very critical to doing business. And on most occasions due to lack of knowledge, we become dependent on external professionals even for small and routine, yet critical matters. Further, the provisions of the act keep getting amended and ensuring that we are upgraded each time becomes challenging
This program enables the participants to get exposed to the basics of all the above laws and gives participants a working knowledge of their areas of operations. Numerous Case Laws are employed in the session to make learning, a practical and relatable experience
Who Should Attend?
- Investment bankers
- Tax directors
- Corporate Bankers
- Investors and fund managers
- Accountants and tax assistants
- Budget officers / forecasting specialists
- Strategic planners
- Finance directors and chief financial officers
- ACCA qualified professionals, CPA’s, Chartered Accountants
- Private equity and M&A specialists
By the end of the course, participants will gain knowledge and skills for:
- Internal tax acknowledgment
- Acknowledging the diverse taxes applicable in different countries
- Implications of business for these taxes
- Income Tax Act: Introduction
- The structure of the Income Tax Act: Overview
- Income from profession and business
- The concept of Deduction from Gross Total Income
- Understanding Filing Return Provisions
- Description: Advance Tax Provisions
- Procedures and assessment
- Understanding the Concept of withholding taxes
- Value Added Tax (VAT): Introduction
- Procedure of Set Off and Method of computing CST liability/ VAT liability
- Explanation of VAT Procedures – Mandatory records, VAT audit, VAT invoice and Registration
- Service Tax Overview
- Service Tax Law: Introduction
- Point of Taxation, Service tax rate and taxable event
- Description: Negative List Based Service Tax
- Procedures for service tax
- GST: Introduction
- Understanding key terminologies and the basic concepts
- Understanding Classification – The rates prevalent in various countries
- General Procedures: Overview
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.