Simplicity is the quality of being simple. It helps reduce complications and increases the clarity and quality of outcome. When applied to systems, it helps increase efficiency and clarity, thereby leading to success and development in any aspect of work.
What does simplification of work processes and procedures entail? Process simplification involves minimisation of activities while being effective, efficient, productive and delivering value.
The simplification process starts with evaluation, to goal definition, to testing to communication. A simple process is one that is relevant, easily found, easily replicable and efficient.
Simple processes help provide clarity about important tasks to be prioritised, increase efficiency, improve communication and accountability among stakeholders, etc. Simplicity helps immensely in change management, a challenge faced by most growing organisations.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete understanding, experience and knowledge of simplification of work processes and procedures.
By undertaking this Work Simplification course, you will be able to play a significant role in introducing simplicity into your organisation, thereby helping seamless implementation of any other future plan and/or changes in your organisation.
This in turn will provide you the appropriate platform to demonstrate your skill and talent and will encourage future opportunities for growth and development.
The main objective of this Work Simplification training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed understanding and experience of work process simplification
- the skill and confidence to play a significant role in simplifying the processes and procedures across the organisation, thereby increasing opportunities for career growth and progression
- the necessary perspective and experience to audit current processes within the organisation and simplify them for future convenience
- the ability and capability to train and mentor other professionals to adopt a simplified thought process when framing procedures and guidelines
- the adequate skill, experience and confidence to contribute to better communication, transparency and accountability across stakeholders
- the required capabilities to increase the overall efficiency and productivity of the organisation, thereby contributing to organisational growth
- the skillset and knowledge to build simple processes so that they are easily replicable in future
- the overall enhanced skillset, knowledge and experience to work in any organisation or industry and introduce simplicity into processes, thereby increasing avenues for career growth and progression
Zoe Talent Solutions defines its courses with a perspective of making them completely customisable and amendable as per the backgrounds of the training audience.
An experienced professional from the relevant domain delivers the training using detailed audio-visual presentations. Trainee participation in the program is encouraged through group projects and assignments.
Trainees are also encouraged to share related experiences and issues faced at their organisations, and these are discussed in detail by the trainer while relating to the training content.
The format followed above is the typical training model adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals attending this Work Simplification course, organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained and experienced employees to partake in simplifying processes across the organisation
- Better communication and transparency among stakeholders across departments in the organisation
- Increased accountability of stakeholders at each step of a process or across multiple processes
- Increased efficiency and productivity resulting in organisational growth and development
- Reduction in cost and time spent on processing assignments, projects or tasks, thereby increasing the efficiency and hence profitability of the organisation
- Leaner and simpler operations that can be easily replicated or changed as per future requirements
- Greater client satisfaction as a result of increase in quality because of simpler and more transparent processes
Professionals undertaking this Work Simplification training course will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of work process and procedure simplification
- Increased skill, knowledge and experience to independently drive simplification of work processes across the organisation, thereby demonstrating talent and potential and increasing opportunities for future growth and progression
- Greater experience, confidence and knowledge to audit existing processes of the organisation and introduce simplicity and leaner systems and processes
- Increased ability and capabilities to influence and/or introduce better communication, transparency and accountability across stakeholders across departments in the organisation
- Greater ability and knowledge to contribute to an overall increase in efficiency, productivity and quality in the organisation, thereby fostering organisational growth and development
- Increased skill, knowledge and experience to build simple processes that can be easily replicated in future
- Enhanced skill set, capabilities and experience to undertake roles and responsibilities to simplify processes across any organisation or industry, thereby providing one more opportunity for growth and progression
Who Should Attend
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the importance of simplicity in work processes and procedures for future convenience
- All functional and operations managers and leaders responsible for defining and following processes in the organisation
- Policymakers responsible for framing policies and guidelines as well as other documentation around existing processes of an organisation
- Internal and external auditors responsible for ensuring compliance with organisational processes and procedures
- Any professional in the organisation who handles some aspect of a process or an entire process
- Any other professional who would like to know more about simplification of work processes and procedures
The Work Simplification course covers the following topics regarding the simplification of work processes and procedures:
Module 1 – Components of a Process
- Process owner
- Process start and end
- Process steps/Milestones
- Process roles
- Decision points
- Tangible outputs
- Cycle times
- Overall cycle times
Module 2 – Causes of Complexity
- Structural changes
- Product/Service proliferation
- Process evolution
- Managerial habits
Module 3 – Features of a Simple Process
- Easy to find
- Easy to digest
- Easy to implement
- Efficient (Lean)
Module 4 – Process Simplification Drivers
- Business drivers
- Technological drivers
- Consumer drivers
Module 5 – Reasons for Well-Defined and Simple Processes
- Easily identify important tasks
- Streamline tasks to improve efficiency
- Streamline communication between departments
- Ensure clear accountability across processes
- Avoid chaos in daily operations
- Standardise and easily replicate procedures
Module 6 – Steps to Process Simplification
- Goal definition
Module 7 – Ideas for Business Process Simplification
- Interaction between systems
- Process automation
- Process standardisation
- Defining business rules
Module 8 – Benefits of Simplification
- Reduce costs
- Save time
- Improve quality
- Engage a larger community
Module 9 – Best Practices of Simplification
- Streamline organisational structure
- Prune products and services
- Build disciplined processes
- Improve managerial habits
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.