Certified Information Systems Auditor, or CISA (as it is more popularly known), is a certification issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) for people in charge of ensuring that an organisation’s information technology (IT) or business systems are monitored, managed and protected.
It is a globally recognised standard for appraising an IT auditor’s knowledge, skill and expertise in assessing vulnerabilities and instituting technology controls in an enterprise environment.
The CISA certification is designed for IT auditors, audit managers, consultants and security professionals. In simple terms, CISA is a global standard for professionals with a career in IT in domains of auditing, control and security.
The exam has certain criteria and specific characteristics. It is a 4-h long exam, with multiple-choice questions across five major job practice domains:
- process of auditing information systems
- governance and management of IT
- information systems’ acquisition, development and implementation
- protection of information assets
- information systems’ operation, maintenance and service management.
The exam is scored on a scale of 200–800, and participants need to score 450 or higher to pass the exam. The exam is held in June, September and December each year in different languages, including Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, French, Japanese and Korean.
The eligibility criteria for the exam is stringent in that participants should have a minimum work experience of 5 years in information systems’ auditing, control, assurance or security. CISA holders demonstrate knowledge, technical skills and proficiency to meet dynamic challenges facing modern organisations.
Organisations prefer hiring CISA professionals because of their superior knowledge and proficiency as well as competence to oversee information systems in domains of standards and practices; organisation and management; processes; integrity, confidentiality, availability and software development, acquisition and maintenance.
CISA training professionals need to thoroughly understand requirements, objectives and the client’s business model to successfully perform their duties. Continual learning and up-gradation of knowledge and skill are necessary for all CISA professionals to stay competent in their occupational sphere.
This Zoe’s CISA training course will empower you with complete knowledge about the CISA exam, its eligibility criteria, format, schedule, etc. Further, the course will also provide insight into the application process, some best practices to become a successful auditor, more detail about the format and components of the certification and the need and importance of continual learning and education in this domain.
Overall, this Certified Information Systems Auditor course will prepare aspiring professionals to undertake the certification and exam confidently and continue to practice successfully, thus providing these professionals with a competitive advantage in their sphere of work.
The main objective of this CISA training is to empower professionals with:
- Detailed and complete information and knowledge about the CISA certification
- The required information regarding eligibility criteria, format of the exam and the process of application
- The required understanding and importance of continual education and training in this sphere of work
- Necessary insight into best practices to become a successful auditor
- The required knowledge, skill and confidence to successfully undertake information systems’ auditing for the organisation, thus increasing the scope for promotions and career progression
- The required standard and level of expertise required globally, thus increasing avenues for lateral growth and progression outside the organisation
Zoe Talent Solutions designs its training courses and content considering the need for amendments and customisation as no two training batches or sessions are the same.
The Certified Information Systems Auditor training course is customisable to relate to the professional experience and backgrounds of the training audience. Audio-visual presentations and delivery by a highly experienced trainer is the most prominent part of the training programme.
Group activities, assignments, projects and role-plays encourage trainee participation as well. The trainer also discusses relevant case studies with the training audience.
This course follows Zoe Talent Solutions’ innovative and highly successful Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose employees undertake this CISA training will benefit in the following ways:
- Well-trained and equipped professionals to undertake the certification and clear the exam successfully
- Trained professionals to successfully monitor, manage and protect information systems within the organisation
- Employees as skilled as CISA professionals to carry forward necessary checks and audits
- Better policies and guidelines regarding management and handling of information systems
- Greater compliance with international regulations and standards
- Higher security and better risk assessment and management
- Regular audits to check compliance and adherence to regulations and standards
- More efficient business operations and functions because of smart and secure information systems
- Greater credibility because of compliant and secure systems
- Greater investments because of increased credibility, leading to economic growth and development
Interesting in Account Courses? Check out our Accounting category of courses
Through this CISA training course, professionals will benefit in the following ways:
- Increased understanding of the format and other important aspects of the CISA certification and exam, thus securing a competitive edge over other aspirants
- Greater awareness and preparedness to successfully clear the exam
- Better understanding and information about some best practices to become a good auditor
- Greater understanding and knowledge of international regulations and standards regarding information systems’ auditing, control and security, providing broader and more avenues for lateral movement and career progression
- Increased knowledge and confidence to regularly audit the information systems of one’s organisation to check compliance
- Enhanced skill to partake in policy and guideline creation regarding the use of information systems to ensure that they are safe and compliant with international standards at all stages of operation
- Increased skill and confidence to undertake higher roles and responsibilities in overseeing and managing the end-to-end security and integrity of information systems, thus demonstrating talent and potential and experiencing career growth and progression
Who Should Attend
- Senior management and officials of an organisation who need to understand the importance of having certified auditors as part of the organisation
- Internal auditors who would like to undertake the certification for greater demonstration of capability
- IT professionals and managers working with information systems and who need to understand best practices and standards to ensure security and integrity of these systems
- Learning and development professionals responsible for assessing training need, candidate readiness and relevant certifications and courses
- Policymakers responsible for ensuring that all possible clauses and guidelines are included and that these are in accordance with international standards
- Any other professional who would like to know more about the CISA certification and exam
The CISA training will cover the following topics important to gain complete insight into the CISA certification and exam and its importance to one’s professional experience:
Module 1 – Overview of CISA
Module 2 – Benefits of CISA to Professionals
- Confirms knowledge and experience
- Quantifies and markets expertise
- Demonstrates capability
- Provides a globally recognised mark of excellence
- Increases credibility and market value
- Gives a competitive edge
- Helps achieve high professional standards
Module 3 – Benefits of CISA to Organisations
- Highly qualified, experienced professionals
- Provision of IT assurance
- Excellent indicators of proficiency in technology controls
- Proven competence in major domains
- Standards and practices
- Organisation and management
- Integrity, confidentiality and availability
- Software development, acquisition and maintenance
- Trusted information systems
Module 4 – Job Practice Domains Tested in the Exam
- Process of auditing information systems
- Governance and management of IT
- Information systems’ acquisition, development and implementation
- Protection of information assets
- Information systems’ operation, maintenance and service management
Module 5 – Process of Certification
- Successful completion of CISA exam
- Application for CISA certification
- Adherence to the code of professional ethics
- Adherence to continuing professional education (CPE) programme
- Compliance with information systems auditing standards
Module 6 – Objectives of CPE Programme
- Maintain individual competency
- Provide distinction between qualified and unqualified CISA professionals
- Provide a mechanism for monitoring and maintenance of professionals’ competency
- Aid top management in developing sound information system audit, control and security functions
Module 7 – Code of Professional Ethics
- Support implementation of and compliance with standards and procedures
- Perform duties diligently, objectively and professionally
- Serve in the interest of stakeholders lawfully
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information obtained
- Maintain competency in respective fields
- Inform appropriate parties of results of work
- Support professional education of stakeholders
Module 8 – Best Practices for CISA Professionals
- Be passionate
- Respect people and culture and use soft skills
- Understand clients’ business domain
- Stay updated with technology
- Keep objectives in focus and provide realistic values
- Follow the agreed-upon audit process
- Be innovative
- Create proper reports
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.