This training programme emphasizes on the need for the debt management strategy to be devised in an overall framework. The framework includes Debt sustainability analysis considering the wider economic framework, cost risk analysis and an annual borrowing plan to execute the strategy in the budgetary period and domestic market development plans. Debt managers should be ready to grab new techniques, tools and solutions to efficiently manage public sector liabilities
Who Should Attend?
- Accountants and analysts from debt management departments and offices, ministries of finance, economy and planning at sub-national and national level, parastatals, financial market regulators and central banks.
This training programme will enable the delegates to:
- Demonstrate financial and debt concepts and the way in which capital markets can promote portfolio choice in accomplishing appropriate risk balance and cost
- Plan a sound debt management strategy utilizing diverse techniques and tools for data analysis
- Evaluate the hazards of debt and risk management
- Acknowledge the significance and role of public debt management for promoting economic growth and earning macroeconomic stability
- Overview of International Market Access
- Overview of Lending policies, legal constraints, pitfalls & advantages: IMF, World Bank and other multilateral banks
- Description: Direct sovereign lending
- Overview of Public syndicated bank loans
- Description: Term structure of external debt
- Understanding Currency denomination issues
- Analysis: Domestic Bond Markets
- Domestic debt for international borrowing: Substitution
- The issuance calendar and bond auctions
- Description: Uses and creation of a sovereign yield curve
- Introduction to Transparency and Accounting
- Local currency bond markets: Development
- Analysis and credit risk
- Understanding International country-risk analysis
- Overview of Ratings and rating agencies
- Description and overview: Project analysis
- An overview: Corporate credit analysis
- Debt Restructuring and negotiations
- Techniques of negotiation
- Understanding Sovereign debt renegotiation
- Strategies for debt reduction
- Legal and key financial clauses
- Outside advisors: Role
- Overview of Risk Management and debt management capacity
- Domestic institutions for debt management: Development
- The concept of transparency and Accountability
- Description: Interactions with other domestic institutions
- Roll-over risks and the term structure
- Analyzing Currency risk
- Indexation and inflation risk
- GDP-linked debt and output risk
- Contingent debt and government guarantees
- Development and Debt
- Managing a balance between the sovereign borrower and the investing public
- Fiscal planning and management
- Balance of payments management
- Sources of payment imbalances: monitoring their indicators
- Comparison of developing country fiscal management and borrowing strategies
- Understanding debt sustainability
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.