To identify the fault in the system you need to understand how does it work:
- PLC input: Am I getting the desired input?
- LED on the output card: Am I getting a right voltage out?
- Program in the CPU: What happens in between?
- Program Scanning: What is the mechanism?
- Watch Timer: What is it and what is its significance?
- Usage of the same output twice: Isn’t it a bad programming?
- PLC a logic controller: Implement a logical approach to find the defect.
- 8 simple test points: What are they?
- PLC in RUN mode: There’s a program right?
- Toggling a bit and forcing a bit: It’s pretty the same? (dependent on PLC).
Who Should Attend?
Personnel who can attend this course are:
- Project design engineer
- Commission engineer and
- Programming engineer
This training programme will enable the delegates to:
- Understand the basic concepts and methods of troubleshooting a DeviceNet network
- Analyze the usage of RSNetworks
- Understand the fundamentals of an instruction set and to bring small changes to the software
- Execute the diagnostics of a system when a problem arises
- Understand the fundamental concepts of PLC
- Understand the basics of configuring and troubleshooting the EtherNet network
- Efficiently troubleshoot a FlexLogix, CompactLogicx/ControlLogix PLC systems
- Understand the configuration of ControlLogix hardware and allow them to replace or add modules when a problem or fault arises
- Understand the basics of configuring and troubleshooting the ControlNet Network
- To understand the functionality of a PLC
- Restore and backup the PLC program whenever required
- Backtrack and acknowledge throughout the simple programs
- Operate the Software of Allen Bradley to enable the software to perform the common tasks
- Functionality of a PLC
- Operating and Troubleshooting the PLC systems
- DeviceNet cabling options: Appreciation
- The Usage of RSNetworx for DeviceNet
- Acknowledge the differences between change of state (COS), strobed, polled, and cyclic data production
- Data mapping: An overview
- An Overview of Mapping a 1756-SDN scanner data table
- Operation of the network: Verification
- Functionality test: Change of device parameters through the parameter list
- An Overview: Work with diverse Input/Output devices
- DeviceNet Network: Troubleshooting
- The concept of Controlnet
- ControlNet: An Introduction
- Cabling options for the ControlNet
- ControlNet Flex I/O modules: Configuration
- Data mapping: Acknowledgement
- The concept of ETHERNET
- Usage of ping function and the basic fundamentals of Subnet Mask, EtherNet, IP addresses
- EtherNet cabling options, hubs, routers: The Appreciation
- EtherNet Flex Input/Output modules: Configuration
- EtherNet Network: Troubleshooting
- The Background information
Acknowledgment of the following:
- The concept of double words, buts, words and number formats
- An Overview: DINT, integer, Real and binary
- An overview: Ethernet, RS232 and the basic communications
- Understanding the Network Basics
- Simple Ethernet network: The setup
- Routines, Tasks and the Programs
- Ways to monitor the various blocks
- Acknowledge the basic Ladder programs
- The overview of Basic Instructions, Unlatch, contacts, Latch, etc.
- The concept of Timers, and Counters
- The concept of Comparators, and Maths
- Tips for finding faults
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.